UBER

chris

Registered
How does UBER work if you have a US cell phone and a US based Uber account? I understand that Uber drivers won't accept payments via the app, i.e. you have to pay cash. If I pay cash won't I also be charged to my Uber account for the ride ?

It just works normally, but you have the option to add "Cash" as a payment option and choose it for rides. When you request your ride it shows your payment method. Some drivers prefer cash and so they will cancel (or ask you to cancel) if you're paying with a card. If you cancel, you will be charged a fee (it was 50 pesos recently). So I tell them to cancel, since it's them to don't want to take the card payment.

i use my us credit card all the time for ubers here through the app. maybe one out of 15 or 20 drivers will cancel because they don't want to accept payment by card.

i use my us credit card all the time for ubers here through the app. maybe one out of 15 or 20 drivers will cancel because they don't want to accept payment by card.

The cash option doesn't exist in the US but it will appear on a US phone used here?

The cash option appeared on my US phone yes. I might have had to go to my profile (top left), then Payment page to "Add Payment Method" before it shows the option when requesting a ride. It might even work in the US... try it.

I was trying to call a uber on weekday at 10 am. I was going to aeroport, from palermo and had requested a taxi ezeiza. Taxi ezeiza canceled on me ( saying delayed by 40 minutes) . Then 3 ubers canceled on me. Each sent me a PM asking me where I was going . when I refused to tell them, they said if airport..can not go..too dangerous.

Ultimately i hailed a taxi, by flick of a finger, and arrived at the airport...paid 900 incuding tolls. driver was super nice. taxi ezeiza was asking 950. uber was showing 880 pesos.

I was trying to call a uber on weekday at 10 am. I was going to aeroport, from palermo and had requested a taxi ezeiza. Taxi ezeiza canceled on me ( saying delayed by 40 minutes) . Then 3 ubers canceled on me. Each sent me a PM asking me where I was going . when I refused to tell them, they said if airport..can not go..too dangerous.

Ultimately i hailed a taxi, by flick of a finger, and arrived at the airport...paid 900 incuding tolls. driver was super nice. taxi ezeiza was asking 950. uber was showing 880 pesos.
Taxi Ezeiza canceled or said they would be 40 mins late?

Taxi Ezeiza canceled or said they would be 40 mins late?

They were supposed to pick me up at 0900 . But called me up at 0858 and said, "I can only arrive at 0940 -- will you like to wait or better we cancel"

I use uber 4 or 5 times a week
Get canceled sometimes. One driver told me it was my name was foreign and they suspected I would paying with a credit card. Apparently uber withholds tax automatically vs cash, where it's up to the driver, or something like that

Back