Uber's dark side...

I wonder what the stats are from Taxi rides. Higher or lower incidents. Doesn't seem too high when you look at it as a percentage - 000003%

Last edited:
I have many female friends in their 20's in BA. Many girls have told me of uber drivers asking for phone numbers or offering "massage service" or even arriving at their door after dropping them off at their address in CABA...or asking double meaning questions during the ride,

I have never heard such a thing from BA taxi drivers, most of them - 95% are v old guys..driving BA taxi for 15 years or more.

I have many female friends in their 20's in BA. Many girls have told me of uber drivers asking for phone numbers or offering "massage service" or even arriving at their door after dropping them off at their address in CABA...or asking double meaning questions during the ride,

I have never heard such a thing from BA taxi drivers, most of them - 95% are v old guys..driving BA taxi for 15 years or more.
It happens. In fact pajero cab drivers are quite common. Just because they are often old doesn't mean they stop being pervs.

Everyone has the chance of being a perv. Uber's statistics don't seem any better or worse than what you'd expect.

At least the taxis here are generally reliable, I use both Uber and Taxis regularly. Taxis aren't especially pleasant but they're much cheaper and less bullshit involved than in other countries. And they're everywhere in caba.

Everyone has the chance of being a perv. Uber's statistics don't seem any better or worse than what you'd expect.

At least the taxis here are generally reliable, I use both Uber and Taxis regularly. Taxis aren't especially pleasant but they're much cheaper and less bullshit involved than in other countries. And they're everywhere in caba.

Indeed. I use at an average 3-4 taxis a day in BA.. And mostly everything is perfect. No cheating, no fights.

The other day, I decided to try a new experiment..that is to hail a taxi at Ezeiza..Something I never do. I usually take the REMI and pay about 1700 pesos to palermo from Ezeiza ( transfer express). taxi Ezeiza is about 200 pesos less. So I hailed this taxi and "careless me" - I fell asleep in the taxi and hey presto...The bill was 2500 pesos..was so damn funny for me..cos I know its impossible..but the taxi driver tried so hard to convince me..that how naive I was and that I did not know anything. Eventually he got convinced I know everything and I paid 1500 and got off. but even that was more/ As per present meter charges, should not be more than 1200 pesos ( including tolls) on a normal traffic day ( as it was that day).

Back