Uk Visa Problems

Sorry to hear what has happened Farenheit. I don't know a great deal about recent changes to UK migration law, but I would guess as the main sponsor of the applicant you have the right of appeal? If you have not been advised of this check it out tout suite! Also, if you haven't been advised of the reason for refusal try and get information out of the dept as to why. If you can appeal go back through the original application and quadruple check everything. The main reasons for a refusal of visa application are means of support, health and character. They also expect chapter and verse as to supporting evidence and documentation.

Putting my former migration agent hat on (Australian not UK) a settlement visa would indicate to me that you plan to settle in the UK on a permanent basis, and within the next year or so, if not, in cases here with offshore or onshore clients I would have advised a different visa and then a re-appliaction once onshore.

If you are in any doubt Farenheit, get in touch with a Brit migration agent, or check out the regulations of the visa category. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks Nounou. Unfortunately it seems that to get an appeal hearing takes at least 6 months so re-application might be the only way to go.

Not yet Esllou, paperwork is still in Rio De Janeiro and will probs get it back in a week or so. But we got the spouse visa a few years back with no probs, so it seems it's the rules that have changed not our situation.

I guess it'll be the income requirement, no? Did you clear the ~23k pound annual income requirement (+2k per child)?

Hard to do on an peso salary.

The financial requirement is "only" 18,600 pounds. My kids have UK passports so they are exempt from the additional income.

We did it ourselves, since we had done the previous one ourselves successfully. But I would now definitely recommend professional help, which is now the route we're going...

Things have been tightened up to a frightening amount in especially the last 18 months, with the July 2012 changes a major part of that.

We will be using a professional service for a spouse visa application this year. We've been told that UKBA routinely rejects applications that are even 99% perfect, knowing they'll go through on appeal, because it helps their headline statistics which are those devoured by Daily Mail readers. They have no control over EU immigration, so are going to town on all the rest of us, unfortunately.

I think things have got so bad that you need a professional to put the application through, which is why I asked the question. I'm curious as to why yours was rejected though, so do keep this thread updated on that. What a professional will do is not only make sure all the boxes are ticked but have years of experience of SHOWING that all the boxes are ticked and turning those 99% perfect applications into 100% winners.

It's all about not giving UKBA any wiggle room and it can be tough to do that on your own.

In my experience it was a nightmare finding a reputable, trustworthy professional who I felt could do the job right. There's a lot of cowboys out there in the immigration business.

Back