Uk Visa Problems

Agreed. And it's usually something you only do once, so you can learn the hard way.

if anyone knows of any sites where they do reviews of these types of services, I'd be grateful.

Just read this, the gist is if you have been denied a visa, even if you don't need one (ie for a 3 month tourist visit), you are strongly advised to get one...you may not be allowed to enter UK if you don't have one.

Should you apply for a visa if you do not need one?
  • Even if you do not need a visa, you may want to obtain one before you travel as it could save you time when you arrive at the UK border.
    And we strongly advise you to apply for a visa before travelling to the UK if:
    • you have any unspent criminal convictions in any country, including the UK;
    • you have previously been refused entry, deported or otherwise removed from the UK;
    • you have breached the terms of any previous entry to the UK (for example, by working illegally or staying here after your permission to stay expired);
    • you have previously applied for a visa and been refused; or
    • you have been warned by a UK official that you should obtain a visa before you travel to the UK.
    You may not be allowed to enter the UK if you do not have a visa.

Forgot to add the link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/family/visa/

OK then, contrast.
Thousands of Romanians etc entering the UK which is not necessarily their home, with no visible means of supporting themselves OR their families.
Less than thousands of others from outside the EU who wish to live in the UK with their loved ones and have the means to support themselves.
Believe me Fahrenheit, I do understand your position particularly as this was always in our plans.

Back