Un Tipo Espectacular

But being that Argentina is the first "democratic" country I've lived in I can't tell the difference between the current government here and the three dictatorships I lived under before so to me it gets kinda confusing when someone says something is damaging to democracy. I'm yet to live in a country where "democracy" is not "damaged" in one way or another.

Do you really think Argentina today is a dictatorship? Have you ever spoken to any Argentines who actually lived through the dictatorship?

As I said in a another thread I don't think the Barba route will be anywhere near enough for the Pro to be a threat nationally. Those with a more classical formation - Ritondo and co. - will be pushing hard on the 'if you can't beat them, join them' line. The bitch fight between Pro and Massa over the good Peronistas (ie those Peronista power brokers whose most notorious crimes for the most part predate the current administration and are therefore forgotten and forgiven) will be one of the most fascinating and unpredictable tussles as 2015 approaches.

I was watching afternoon TV yesterday and it occurred to me - what if the FPV pursued the same strategy with gusto? Flor de la V 2015 - first transgender president? Unstoppable.

Do you really think Argentina today is a dictatorship? Have you ever spoken to any Argentines who actually lived through the dictatorship?

Yes I have since most of my wife's family lived through it here. But my point specifically was, let me quote what I said, "But being that Argentina is the first "democratic" country I've lived in I can't tell the difference between the current government here and the three dictatorships I lived under before".

Argentina is not the only country that was ruled by dictators. Dictatorships exist elsewhere and they don't all have to look the same.

EDIT:

To answer your question whether I think Argentina is a dictatorship. Compared to Videla's rule, no its not a dictatorship. Compared to the other dictatorships that I lived under, yes definitely. I'm starting to sound like a broken record now. ;)

Pretty Happy Rainbow Confetti People

To Macri is all a matter of image.
Nice people, colors, baloons, he even cut his mustach for image. He believes in that, it is important to make this change he talks about, the new politicians, new faces, celebrities into politics, THE NEW POLITIC. Its important how is (re)presented, it must be a like a party, stimulate your senses, young people, music, kids, etc, etc,

elecciones-2013-1789705h430.jpg

elecciones-2013-1789702h430.jpg

Edit: of course is not an accident the constrast of colours, the yellow with green and blue and orange... everything is very planned in this picture.

To Macri is all a matter of image.
Nice people, colors, baloons, he even cut his mustach for image. He believes in that, it is important to make this change he talks about, the new politicians, new faces, celebrities into politics, THE NEW POLITIC. Its important how is (re)presented, it must be a like a party, stimulate your senses, young people, music, kids, etc, etc,

elecciones-2013-1789705h430.jpg

elecciones-2013-1789702h430.jpg

Edit: of course is not an accident the constrast of colours, the yellow with green and blue and orange... everything is very planned in this picture.

Unlike FpV.... who certainly don't use images of the past and the argy flag colours to push nationalism... nothing planned there.

Unlike FpV.... who certainly don't use images of the past and the argy flag colours to push nationalism... nothing planned there.

There are lots of things in common with Kirchnerismo, just look at the colors of 678, but the aesthetic in general is different, like the target people, they are looking at the poor, or the low middle class, no nice faces, not so much blondes and good looking people... they look for poor people, murgas, flags of social organizations, sindicates, etc, its not like an entrepreneur look, it has a more social background.

Macri tries to hide what they really are: the military party. The same military party that for 60 years were doing coups.
So, I m not surprise about what Duran Barba said.
Remember I made a class action against Macri for discrimination because the rules he enact for the Tango competition requested to be a pure porteño...
So, again, I m not suprised but I m satisfied that he finally was honest.

Back