Underfloor Heating

loved your post, winterfell!

I find it amazing at 0900 when i go for running in a t shirt and shorts everyone is dressed as if we are in south of Antartica.

all of them should be made to take cold water showers

In my home country it seems underfloor heating is very popular, hence my question. The apartment has two gas heaters which should be more than enough, though I must say that having gas burning in the room where I sleep does not something I am eager for. There are combo AC units but I haven't had yet the chance to put them to test.

From my observation the real issue is poor insulation. I still have to make up my mind about whether it is because cold weather is a novelty here or because constructors just go with the cheapest option.

Mitch, you sound very harsh. Keep it down a notch and go chase some other Scientology forum if that's what entertain you. We value your advice and your experience but you don't need to make yourself unpleasant.

Sorry you feel that way. I felt my detailed posts were not being read clearly, and the responses argumentative without addressing the points I tried to make. It's a pretty serious subject and I felt I treated it seriously. I was trying to help you, not me. I've already suffered the effects of what I was trying to help you avoid. Why not take comments of a personal nature to a private message? The Shaw quote was not directed at you.

the new systems use plastic hose. in my building its done with iron pipe welded together as its very old. they put something in the water so it doesnt just rust right away. you can have hot water and heating with the same heater. the hoses are very long so they don´t need to join them under the concrete. the electric wire its very expensive to operate!. the hot water system its very nice i would use it.

Back