United Airlines sass warning

Put me down as another person who despises United and their customer service. About a year ago I purchased a flight through a travel agency. It was one ticket, going from the U.S., to Miami, to Sao Paulo. After Sao Paulo, TAM would take over. So, I called just to ask if United's baggage policy to Brazil would apply instead of its policy to Buenos Aires. (It's a codeshare flight, so United's policy to BA still applies.) Anyway, I was treated so rudely by the customer service agents.

Fly with LAN/American out of (or to) Buenos Aires. If you go economy, it's so much better than United. The food is better; the entertainment console is better; and the service is 100x time.

United will never receive my business again -- even if it's the cheapest ticket available.

Airlines who have consistently insisted on onward tickets for us have been Lufthansa & United...all others (European and US ) have been fine and no amount of insisting with the former worked (1st class passengers screaming accordingly) so we did the onward flights to Uruguay and cancelled asap..

United and Continental are a mess

try to look for another airline

i have problems with them constantly and they seem to change the rules without informing the passengers....

this whole "merging" system has created lots of problems in every way in United and Continental. they are losing customers

I will fly LAN from now on

I seriously don't think he is interested..or else he would have done something about it a LONG time ago (first day he started his new job).

He's just innit for the money.

John.St said:
Of course you were - I would have exploded, leaving the UA staff to clean my blood and guts from floor, ceiling and walls :D

Tell the Continental Airlines/United Airlines' CEO what's happening in his company, their lousy customer handling. If he is interested in his company, he'll get :mad:, p*ssed off and kick some *ss.

Be very polite and correct in your letter: Dear Sir, I have had a most unfortunate experience ... but do write him a letter.

bradlyhale said:
United will never receive my business again -- even if it's the cheapest ticket available.
- and United A doesn't care a bit - unless you tell top level executives about your unpleasant experience.

ellbee said:
I seriously don't think he is interested..or else he would have done something about it a LONG time ago (first day he started his new job).

He's just innit for the money.
Of course CEO Smisek is in it for the money - but the more passengers, the more money for him.

Do you think the lower level staff tells him "we are doing a lousy job, annoying the passengers as best we can"?

Enlighten him - the worst that can happen is that you spend five minutes getting it off your chest.

Think about it as if you were the CEO.
On this board alone, 5-600 members and an equal number of non-member readers - many travelling to the US and back once or twice a year - have been warned against using Continental Airlines/United Airlines = they loose half a million in sales. If the shareholders learn about this, they'll go ballistic and demand an investigation of passenger dissatisfaction on all routes.

If dissatisfied costumers would only tell the CEOs in a polite manner (i.e. this guy is not quarrelsome, he is money we are loosing) what crap service they have received, the CEOs could do something about it - which is impossible if the CEO is told by the lower levels in the company that everything is honkey-dory.

ellbee said:
United and Continental are a mess

i have problems with them constantly and they seem to change the rules without informing the passengers....

They DID do this to me- when I purchased the ticket and flew to USA they had a 2 bag allowance, but when I returned it was changed to 1 bag; a change of which I was never notified. They waived the fee for me because after my initial treatment I was going to EXPLODE.

But yeah, be aware of that too, United only gives you one bag now.

this is exactly the argument i had with the people from milage plus.
i have no idea why i have miles since they don't even count anymore....
i thought, since i was a premier member, i was not going to pay for the second luggage but they told me i am no longer a premier member because i need to fly certain amount of times in one year.

i flew the same amount of times and pretty much exactly the same time/season last year and i was not charged for second luggage.

like i said, this people change their rules to their convenience. i had enough with united and i wont spend any time or effort to write a letter to the CEO so he can send me some voucher in order to get , i dunno, free food for one flight.

the good treatment should be consistent. not some voucher so shut you up.

Montrose said:
They DID do this to me- when I purchased the ticket and flew to USA they had a 2 bag allowance, but when I returned it was changed to 1 bag; a change of which I was never notified. They waived the fee for me because after my initial treatment I was going to EXPLODE.

But yeah, be aware of that too, United only gives you one bag now.

he should already know how United/Continental have been doing. I am sure there are A LOT of people complaining but he is not doing anything about it.

So, letter or no letter, it wont change anything. Maybe he can send me some voucher to shut me up but he wont change anything about the treatment because this will go on and on.

the change should be consistent not some voucher for free food.

so he lost a customer. i will be using LAN until United/Continental goes back to normal

John.St said:
Of course CEO Smisek is in it for the money - but the more passengers, the more money for him.

Do you think the lower level staff tells him "we are doing a lousy job, annoying the passengers as best we can"?

Enlighten him - the worst that can happen is that you spend five minutes getting it off your chest.

Think about it as if you were the CEO.
On this board alone, 5-600 members and an equal number of non-member readers - many travelling to the US and back once or twice a year - have been warned against using Continental Airlines/United Airlines = they loose half a million in sales. If the shareholders learn about this, they'll go ballistic and demand an investigation of passenger dissatisfaction on all routes.

If dissatisfied costumers would only tell the CEOs in a polite manner (i.e. this guy is not quarrelsome, he is money we are loosing) what crap service they have received, the CEOs could do something about it - which is impossible if the CEO is told by the lower levels in the company that everything is honkey-dory.

I had this problem in the US returning to Argentina on the return portion of a round trip originating in Argentina. I had to show my DNI to prove that I live in Argentina. It was a stressful experience.

Back