Urgent help needed locating shoes

tom borland

Registered
I had the misfortune of having my NB running shoes stolen (by a stray dog) yesterday while on isla pascua. They were the only practical shoes I had with me. Im down to a pair of flip flops. Unfortunately I have size 12 extra wide feet. I’m going to be in Ba for one day on Sunday before flying to Bariloche. Does anyone know where I can find replacement shoes of that size on a Sunday?

The only place I can think of that would certainly be open would be the Nike store in Alto Palermo Mall (Col.Diaz and Santa Fe Avenues). Not sure they'll stock that size and I think they'd be quite expensive but if in a pinch. Most shoe shops on the avenues are closed on Sunday from what I recall.

I had the misfortune of having my NB running shoes stolen (by a stray dog) yesterday while on isla pascua. They were the only practical shoes I had with me. Im down to a pair of flip flops. Unfortunately I have size 12 extra wide feet. I’m going to be in Ba for one day on Sunday before flying to Bariloche. Does anyone know where I can find replacement shoes of that size on a Sunday?

Check out this thread posted on 22 Sept 2019: https://baexpats.org/threads/looking-for-a-good-place-to-buy-size-47-shoes.41644/
Mercado Libre was suggested: https://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/zapatillas-talle-47#D[A:zapatillas talle 47]
Click on vendors that advertise running shoes which might interest you and that they are located in CABA. Some vendors will publish their store address and telephone number. With luck you may find one willing to give you access to their store on a Sunday.

The only place I can think of that would certainly be open would be the Nike store in Alto Palermo Mall (Col.Diaz and Santa Fe Avenues). Not sure they'll stock that size and I think they'd be quite expensive but if in a pinch. Most shoe shops on the avenues are closed on Sunday from what I recall.
I'm going to be in Alto Palermo later today. I'll pass by the Nike store to see if they have size 12 US

There may be some shoe stores on Av Florida that are open on Sunday. If so, they probably cater to foreigners and may stock bigger sizes.

US 12 is not that big, there are plenty tall Argentine guys in BsAs.

So the conclusion to my saga is this: I went to unicenter because they had a whole bunch of shoe stores as well as a flagship NB store down the street. It seemed like the easiest way to visit a whole bunch of stores quickly which it was. While it’s true that stores stock size 12 in theory, the reality is most had almost nothing to choose from. Compounding my problem is that I wear size 12 extra wide (4e), which apparently doesn’t exist in Argentina. NB had nothing, Dexter had one pair, same with Nike, and so on. I finally found a pair of $8300 size 13 Reebok’s at their store that I wouldn’t have bought at home but they’ll work.
Thanks to all for your help and suggestions.

Back