Urgent Sale Way Below Market price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Tangobob for the tip and I have to say Almagro has improved a lot in the last years.

Regarding market prices they are our best guide to property prices in Buenos Aires. There are and always have been bargain properties that are available for sale due to people needing to sell quick for financial, legal, relationship reasons. I have seen over the years some incredible deals and I have to say they all sold fast.

To make unfounded comments and judgements with mal intent is just plain ignorance as expressed by some on this thread.
Argentines will always buy bricks and mortar as this is their primary investment . They do not use banks for saving large amounts of monies nor do they have a history of indulging in the stock market meaning that the real estate market here is suprisingly healthy.

Of course Argentina is being affected by the Worldwide financial crisis and this will have a effect on real estate prices which has happened already. Saying that it will never happen to the same extent as the USA due to the simple fact of lack of mortgages . Most real estate is brought in cash meaning few sellers are desperate to sell in a downturn. This is an interesting article from Clarin about the reality of the market today.

http://articulos.inmuebles.clarin.com/?p=559

Simple logical argument is bad for business, eh? ;)

To make unfounded comments and judgements with mal intent
Which one is unfounded - the comment about the World crisis or the one about the building not being finished, *yet*?

And what "mal intent" could I have, or someone else making a logical argument based on facts? On the other hand, one could argue that most realtors are "biased" (and someone even may call *that* a "mal intent")

A truly "objective" source of information. No vested interests there, right?
And no mention whether the supposed price increase was in dollars or pesos (since both currencies are being used in real estate transactions). Peso fell 20% against USD since September 2008. Anyway, this article does not affect the original argument about increasing risks for people investing in unfinished properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back