Urgently Need My laptop

Get a low cost flight to Iguazu on FlyBondi or JetSmart and then from there you can cross over into Ciudad del Este in Paraguay very easily.

There are even dedicated shopping tours. If you talk to a taxi driver they’ll probably even offer to take you there and to where you can buy a laptop. People very friendly in this area.

Customs wont be an issue is you have just 1 laptop - open and take it out of the box to be sure.

Get a low cost flight to Iguazu on FlyBondi or JetSmart and then from there you can cross over into Ciudad del Este in Paraguay very easily.

There are even dedicated shopping tours. If you talk to a taxi driver they’ll probably even offer to take you there and to where you can buy a laptop. People very friendly in this area.

Customs wont be an issue is you have just 1 laptop - open and take it out of the box to be sure.
Also an excellent idea, though I’d say it needs more forward planning, from what I’ve heard Ciudad del Este isn’t particularly safe (I’ve never been there, though), whereas in Asuncion you can just stay in Villamorra or Recoleta near say Shopping Mariscal or Del Sol and you can wander around safely as you please. Definitely do your research, find the principal shops in each country and compare prices.

Thanks . The many great ideas here will continue to help me and others facing similar issues.

Thank you , this is my current working plan. Do you have any tips on brining it back through customs?
I simply discarded the box it cam in, put it in an old neoprene case and went through customs without declaring. Maybe you might want to catch the last ferry in the day, as it looked to me like the people at custom were eager to end their workday and were not particularly interested in stopping and checking.

Back