Uruguay Vows To Continue Guantánamo Torture

EdRooney

Registered
Already having suffered extraordinary rendition, waterboarding, hunger strikes and other untold tortures, the prisoners of Guantánamo Bay are now being threatened with their most terrifying form of mistreatment yet: Uruguayan food.

Even though most of them have not been charged with any crime, president José Mujica has threatened to bring the prisoners to Uruguay and subject them to an endless barrage of Chivitos, boxed mashed potatoes, and under-ripe tannat. In further disregard for basic human rights, the Uruguayan leader, himself a victim of torture in the 70s, has threatened to force the same treatment upon the prisoners' families.

I propose we send Frenchie and PhilipDT with a culinary care package. It's the least we can do.

You know I would, but the last time I went to Uruguay I got mauled by those damn golden retrievers. It'd be one thing if they'd gotten into the stacks of freshly minted 500 notes I had in my shoes. I was counting on that, they were supposed to be my red herring, but those goddamn mutts are too f'n smart. They ignored the cash and went straight for the contraband foie gras I had taped to my calves and the fresh summer truffles I had stuffed up....

I vote we send Joe with a stack of Fugazzeta.

Joe's gone underground, last seen wandering round Recoleta with a packet of blue pills and an uncomfortable look on his face.

Joe's gone underground, last seen wandering round Recoleta with a packet of blue pills and an uncomfortable look on his face.

I dont know the pills and the face, but I rented him my appt in Recoleta! and then he rented a friends appartment in Montevideo. Dont know where he is now. Hope he come back.

Already having suffered extraordinary rendition, waterboarding, hunger strikes and other untold tortures, the prisoners of Guantánamo Bay are now being threatened with their most terrifying form of mistreatment yet: Uruguayan food.

Even though most of them have not been charged with any crime, president José Mujica has threatened to bring the prisoners to Uruguay and subject them to an endless barrage of Chivitos, boxed mashed potatoes, and under-ripe tannat. In further disregard for basic human rights, the Uruguayan leader, himself a victim of torture in the 70s, has threatened to force the same treatment upon the prisoners' families.

I propose we send Frenchie and PhilipDT with a culinary care package. It's the least we can do.

I may be a little off topic, but I had a professor when I studied last year a subject about Human Rights with Perez Esquivel (former Nobel Peace winner) that said that the tortures on Guantanamo do not have the purpose of reveal or betray or obtain any information from the tortured. Think about it: once one of this terrorists is capturated, the group (say Al Qaeda) will notice this quickly and change plans. So the things this prisoner can reveal will last like 4 days or so, since he looses contact with the group... so basically, if the group rapidly changes plans, and the information they can obtain become useless, why the hell they keep them there and torture them for months and even years? what could be the purpose of having so much prisoners, torturated, Human Rights Violations, etc? how they allow to this information get to the media?

My proffesor argued that that was like a message sent to the society in general, and to rebellious groups in particular. To discipline society, like "look what could happen to you" or "look how powerful are we that can violate Human Rights and nobody cant even touch us". If they want, no filtration of any kind could reach the common citizen.

You know I would, but the last time I went to Uruguay I got mauled by those damn golden retrievers. It'd be one thing if they'd gotten into the stacks of freshly minted 500 notes I had in my shoes. I was counting on that, they were supposed to be my red herring, but those goddamn mutts are too f'n smart. They ignored the cash and went straight for the contraband foie gras I had taped to my calves and the fresh summer truffles I had stuffed up....

I vote we send Joe with a stack of Fugazzeta.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't done the sock thing lol

Biggest culinary disappointment I've had to date was the much vaunted Chivito Uruguayo. Give me good sandwich de lomito with all the trimmings any day.

Whilst its not as nice as a breakfast bun with proper bacon, lorne sausage, haggis and a fried egg. Chivitos are quite good although i'm still not sure what the difference is between a Chivito and a sandwich de lomito.....

Back