How can I pay my U.S. credit card from here or Uruguay???

BANY

Registered
Hi, I always pay my U.S. cc online thru my bank account BUT does anyone know how I can pay Amex, Chase or Citi for example from Argentina or Uruguay? Im receiving some USD cash here locally and would like to pay off alot of cc debt I have back home.

Besides taking 10K on an airplane, does anyone have a better way? Does Uruguay have Amex? Or can you make cash payments at an Uruguay ATM? I just never had this situation in reverse having to transfer or get money TO the U.S. before, so have no idea.

Thanks for your input.

Move the money from here to your USA bank account, then pay it. Use any money transfer company you like or if you prefer do it with crypto exchange.

Go to WU offices and ask them to transfer your cash dollars to your US bank account, then pay as usual.

Move the money from here to your USA bank account, then pay it. Use any money transfer company you like or if you prefer do it with crypto exchange.

Yes once I get it to my US bank account, I can pay everything but...which money transfer companies? Have you use or anyone used? Do they work from Argentina? There must be huge differences in fees and exchange rate right? And does afip allow them to transfer out? Sry for all the questions but have no idea on the subject, only have used Western Union to get money TO here.

Yes once I get it to my US bank account, I can pay everything but...which money transfer companies? Have you use or anyone used? Do they work from Argentina? There must be huge differences in fees and exchange rate right? And does afip allow them to transfer out? Sry for all the questions but have no idea on the subject, only have used Western Union to get money TO here.
AFIP doesn't care...and I've used maybe a dozen, lol. I prefer crypto. Western Union is best and they are everywhere as RichOne has said. Yes, of course, it costs a fee but the exchange rate is pretty good. Go online and look at the exchange rate.

AFIP doesn't care...and I've used maybe a dozen, lol. I prefer crypto. Western Union is best and they are everywhere as RichOne has said. Yes, of course, it costs a fee but the exchange rate is pretty good. Go online and look at the exchange rate.
Thx for the replies, today I asked WU the rate is $927 BUT they said 6% commission, which seemed too high. Any other options? If I looked at crypto where would I start looking? Does Crypto let you transfer 10k or 20K even if its 2K or 3K at a time?

This will take you some research and study. Each crypto exchange has limits especially for new users. You will need one in the USA and one in Argentina. Do you have a bank account in Argentina yet? You need a bank account in Argentina.
I use Ripio and binance here and crypto and Coinbase in the USA.

This will take you some research and study. Each crypto exchange has limits especially for new users. You will need one in the USA and one in Argentina. Do you have a bank account in Argentina yet? You need a bank account in Argentina.
I use Ripio and binance here and crypto and Coinbase in the USA.
I assume it will take many study hours. I had banks accounts here many years ago but can open one up again. How do you guys answer the FATCA question? Im both american and Argentine but never knew how to answer the FATCA question.

Truthfully, hahaha...why not? You are required to tell the IRS on your taxes anyway. By the way, Galicia never did facta on me but my other bank accounts did

No issues on the U.S. side knowing since I wouldnt have more than 10K at a time, just never really wanted the afip guys to know im american aswell and therefore could have $ in the US aswell. Its more on the afip guys that I never trusted. Not many Argentines disclose their accounts in the US right?

Back