Us Consulate In Ba#1 In The World In Granting Tourist Visas

Rich One

Registered
The US Consulate in BA has issued more tourist visas this year than any other US Consulate in the world..!!
Reaching to a record of 3700 visas per day, an increase of more than 50 % :)

It's because Argentines are sick of paying over double the price for half the quality - why not enjoy a holiday while you get your years worth of shopping done. Hopefully one day Argentine businesses and those in control of tax laws will see the light - very doubtful.

somewhereinba:`´
Right you are.If they haven't seen the light since the "infamous period" of the 90s, when my clients at American Airlines called their BA-US flights the jewel in the crown,it is doubtful that they will any time soon.
Besides,as we already know Argies are super consumers.Deme2 is part of their DNA.

There are 3 U.S. airlines that fly to Argentina. I flew American from DFW, arriving on 11 November. There were about 5 people on the Customs line for foreigners. Everyone else on the flight was an Argentine. Some announcements on th flight weren't even given in English, a la Japan Airlines
Years ago, the U.S Consulate rejected many Argentines' requests for visas. I would think now , few if any are turned down. Three U.S. airlines fly to Argentina. If vast numbers of Argentines didn't get visas the planes would fly empty and the routes would be cancelled. I wouldn't be surprised if the airlines didn't do something ($$$$$) to influenece the number of visas that are issued.
It's heart warming to see that so many Argentines have so much money to spend to travel to the U.S.

As somone who knows the Alto Palermo clientele fairly well,I would say it's more like.
Middle income Argentines shop at the Alto Palermo mall
Poor Argentines shop as always in Once and La Salada
Really rich Argentines and Brazilians shop in New York and somewhat in Europe.
American Airlines JFK check- in for BA as well as Rio/Sao Paulo flights are generally mixed and I get to converse with some Brazilians
Which for me is always interesting as well as a pleasure.

Rich Argentines shop at the Alto Palermo mall. Poor Argentines are forced to shop in Miami.

While more of a tongue-in-cheek observation than Noesdeayer seemed to have understood, it's surprisingly accurate.

The other day I observed with my wife the amount of stroller brands we were seeing - at that moment, on Av S Fe - that cannot be bought in Argentina. Of course they were all bought in the US.

Some quick back-of-the-envelope math and it quickly became clear that depending on the size of one's wardrobe, the difference in price for clothes alone can at least come close to covering airfare. Moreover, on account of the inverted seasons, if you time your trip right you can always shop in clearance for the upcoming season.

Add in some electronics and there's no question at all. And this is even when only buying electronics for personal use. ;)

It's because Argentines are sick of paying over double the price for half the quality - why not enjoy a holiday while you get your years worth of shopping done. Hopefully one day Argentine businesses and those in control of tax laws will see the light - very doubtful.
EXACTLY. My husband is Argentine and that is exactly what we do! We dont buy anything through the year and when I/we go, we buy EVERYTHING we can possibly get through customs. Your flight pays for itself in savings alone.

Back