US Embassy: presidential election voting reminder for citizens in ARG

Its interesting to me how well the DNI works as a universal ID, as opposed to the US patchwork of drivers license, SS number, birth certificate, and so on.
Anybody can look up anybody's DNI online.
Somehow Identity theft isnt a huge problem because of that.

Here's something interesting I stumbled across about the election. Apparently, If no candidate gets 270 electoral college votes, (for whatever reason), then the House of Representatives decides among the top three candidates, with each state having only one vote.

At the moment, although democrats have more representatives in the House, Republicans control more state delegations, 28-22 with the other two mixed.

Possible reasons for no candidate getting 270 electoral college votes would include multiple states failing to certify the results.

How's that for weird?

Illinois sent me a friendly reminder to complete the voter registration and absentee ballot request in February. Today I received my ballot for the general election which has to be mailed. Finding a #10 envelope and having it printed with the mailing information is a challenge. The US postal service will not deliver your ballot if the template it stapled, taped or glued onto an envelope.
Jantango, I sent mine via email with the note that nobody uses a fax machine here. I received confirmation from the county that it would be counted.

Here's something interesting I stumbled across about the election. Apparently, If no candidate gets 270 electoral college votes, (for whatever reason), then the House of Representatives decides among the top three candidates, with each state having only one vote.

At the moment, although democrats have more representatives in the House, Republicans control more state delegations, 28-22 with the other two mixed.

Possible reasons for no candidate getting 270 electoral college votes would include multiple states failing to certify the results.

How's that for weird?
It's always been that way - for the 235 years.

Coincidentally enough, Argentina's elections are the only ones I vote in these days despite being able to vote in the US and Canada. One of the main reasons I'm naturalizing is to be able to vote here for president (or more likely, en blanco) but at least candidates run here that I can tolerate.

Jantango, I sent mine via email with the note that nobody uses a fax machine here. I received confirmation from the county that it would be counted.
Unfortunately, Illinois accepts ballots only by mail and not by email. I plan on buying an envelope, addressing it by hand to the county clerk, take it to the post office and pay the postage, and then hope it arrives on time to be counted.

That won't work if you're a Florida voter.
retiredbanker, it does work in my Florida county. I received this message from the County Supervisor of Elections the following day that I sent, via email, my ballot; which I consolidated in .pdf format. It's through the county's UOCAVA Access capability. I did the same in 2020. Thus, I can follow the link which they included in their email to ensure that my vote by email is indeed counted. Ask your county supervisor of elections if you can do the same. With my ballot I explained that fax machines are a rarity here.

"This email message will provide access to your vote-by-mail ballot that was requested to be received via EMAIL for the November 05, 2024 2024 General Election.

If you received this in error or would like a replacement ballot via MAIL please contact us immediately via email or phone for further instructions.

To begin, follow this link to access your ballot:.................."

retiredbanker, it does work in my Florida county. I received this message from the County Supervisor of Elections the following day that I sent, via email, my ballot; which I consolidated in .pdf format. It's through the county's UOCAVA Access capability. I did the same in 2020. Thus, I can follow the link which they included in their email to ensure that my vote by email is indeed counted. Ask your county supervisor of elections if you can do the same. With my ballot I explained that fax machines are a rarity here.

"This email message will provide access to your vote-by-mail ballot that was requested to be received via EMAIL for the November 05, 2024 2024 General Election.

If you received this in error or would like a replacement ballot via MAIL please contact us immediately via email or phone for further instructions.

To begin, follow this link to access your ballot:.................."
Thanks for the info. I emailed my county (Broward) elections supervisor after reading your reply. They've not yet responded. I'll update this when they do.

Back