Us Embassy Says Americans Have No Right To A Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did your passport expire?
If there's one document that I would never let expire, it's my British passport over and above my Arg dni. Not out of fear that it wouldn't get renewed, but more the hassle factor.
I'm curious to know how you so irresponsibly let such an important document expire in the first place, especially knowing that you have a history of US passport problems by your own admission.

When did your passport expire?
If there's one document that I would never let expire, it's my British passport over and above my Arg dni. Not out of fear that it wouldn't get renewed, but more the hassle factor.
I'm curious to know how you so irresponsibly let such an important document expire in the first place, especially knowing that you have a history of US passport problems by your own admission.

I did not let it expire. I went to the US embassy 6 months before expiry and met with vice consul Christopher Creaghe. he inspected my valid US passport and asked me questions, then he dismissed me. 4 months later, he sent me an email saying he was leaving Argentina and I should go back and start all over again. Then my lawyers got involved. The embassy ignored my requests to clarify their issues with me.

Look gringoboy, Im an American and Ive been dealing with the American police state for a long time. Dont you call me irresponsible.

Clearly there is more to this issue than what HMSBeagle is offering.. There are always two sides to a story and we are getting one side - unless HMSBeagle decides to be actually tell us what is the reason they are denying him other than the fact they don't like him and he keeps annoying them.

Uh, the point here is that the US State Dept says it does *not* need a reason to not issue a passport to an American citizen. It can not issue a passport for any reason, for no reason, for a good reason or a bad reason.... :eek:

Now, lets be clear about the mechanics of this. The US State Dept does not actually deny a passport because it does not want the issue to land in US federal court. In other words, it does not issue a letter saying "your passport is denied." That's not how it works. The US government avoids the US legal system by simply refusing to process a passport application and not leaving a paper trail so the applicant has as little evidence and legal recourse as possible. The US does this frequently when it does not want to abide by laws and treaties.

Case in point: https://papersplease.org/wp/2014/10/14/us-citizen-sues-the-state-department-for-a-passport/

An Arab American could not get the State Dept to issue him a passport, but they wouldnt deny it either. SO his lawyer filed a Mandamus and presto, the government coughed up his passport to avoid a trial. They dont want another legal precedent set that defends citizens' rights. :D

As for the other side of the story, the embassy monitors this blog, so let them respond as they see fit. :cool:

Not questioning your integrity, but it's not adding up that they are denying you the right to renew your passport simply because you are a critic of the US gov't. Surely there would be other cases like this if that was the sole reason.

Why not see if a prominent lawyer takes up your case pro bono for the press? Bring your story to a left leaning paper in Argentina like Pagina 12. Petition a congressman or senator that is sensitive to these issues. Rand Paul maybe.

If what you say is true (reserving judgement either way) I would go about it a different way. All your attacks on Mamet about how he is a corrupt Jewish money man, doesn't make you come off as a sympathetic figure. If he is incompetent and corrupt or not and his religion/ethnic group is besides the point. Hire a PR firm.

Actually its the details that are hard for some people to rap their heads around because they dont have first hand experience living abroad.
At any rate, if you need clarifications just let me know and by the way, I welcome personal interviews with people face to happy face :)

Actually, it's hard for people to wrap their heads around, because you have provided no coherent narrative of events. I believe the majority of people in this forum do indeed have first-hand experience living abroad - that's kind of the point.

Not questioning your integrity, but it's not adding up that they are denying you the right to renew your passport simply because you are a critic of the US gov't. Surely there would be other cases like this if that was the sole reason.

Why not see if a prominent lawyer takes up your case pro bono for the press? Bring your story to a left leaning paper in Argentina like Pagina 12. Petition a congressman or senator that is sensitive to these issues. Rand Paul maybe.

If what you say is true (reserving judgement either way) I would go about it a different way. All your attacks on Mamet about how he is a corrupt Jewish money man, doesn't make you come off as a sympathetic figure. If he is incompetent and corrupt or not and his religion/ethnic group is besides the point. Hire a PR firm.

I reiterate once again, for the benefit of all Americans reading these lines..that the State Dept insists we have no "right" to renew a passport and no "right" to have a passport at all.

I think some readers are having a hard time comprehending this.

As for the hostility towards me, its not just directed at me, its a systemic problem and it didnt start with the US embassy Argentina. The State Dept didnt want to renew my passport in 2004 either, and interrogated both me and my mother in Washington DC before deciding to do so. I think all of us have seen the abuse and security theatre at airports and now, at train stations an in subways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-KLgAj-Jfo

So called ambassador Noah Mamet, ha. :p This guy was opposed by the diplomatic officer corps and the Congress kept him on ice for 18 months. The only reason he became ambassador is because he lobbied ike crazy for himself and leveraged Hollywood money for Obama 2012. Thats it. Before that he was a Clinton hack. Religion has nothing to do with it.

Lawyers are welcome, but what I dream about is Americans waking up, coming together and saying "no more, it stops today." No more abuse, we wont put up with it. We wont be governed by fear and intimidation. :lol:

Actually, it's hard for people to wrap their heads around, because you have provided no coherent narrative of events. I believe the majority of people in this forum do indeed have first-hand experience living abroad - that's kind of the point.

ok wineguy, I tell you what. Meet me at a Tuesday meeting or anytime and I will show you what coherence is.

Religion has nothing to do with it.

Which would certainly explain why the aforelinked screed of yours contains gems like this:
  • Thousands of American cops are being sent to Israel for “training,” courtesy of Jewish American billionaires.
  • The American police state is playing “monkey see monkey do” with its Israeli mentor
  • Noah Bryson Mamet, Member, National Jewish Democratic Council.
  • Let’s be frank. Noah Mamet is an Influence Peddler for the Jewish Billionaire Wasserman Family Office and Other Hollywood Money.
And why the aforelinked footer of your site has 3 separate categories:

Israel | Israel/Palestine | Jewish issues

Want to peddle your anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, have at it - it's a free country. At least be honest about it.

EDIT: It turns out that between yesterday and today, Mr. Bruno edited his screed to remove the latter 2 passages I quoted.
The problem is that on the Internet, it's rather hard to erase stuff completely.
Here's a link to the page as captured by the Internet Archive this past December - and as I personally observed it as late as yesterday.
Photos of "before and after" follow:

Current version:

29nh2fn.jpg

Old version, with deleted words highlighted:

2cgo961.jpg

EDIT 2: Just found another screed by the same author (hard to keep track, isn't it?), this time he makes the Jewish angle rather explicit:
  • His only qualification is the money he raised for Obama 2012, which is arguably a social function of his race as well.
Other gems include the suggestion that the AMIA bombing was done by AMIA itself, and conspiracy theories re the Oklahoma City bombing.

It may well be that the State Department is required to provide passports to all citizens, including this unsavory character.
But I for one feel pretty comfortable doing nothing to help him. As well as pointing out that the whole premise is possibly, if not likely, a crock of shit.

So you want to renew your passport at the US embassy in Argentina and at the same time slag off the US ambassador in said country and then you wonder why there's a hold up and blame the whole affair on Noah Mamet?
You also say that you had a similar problem in renewing your passport in 2004. Could these two episodes be somehow connected?

Which would certainly explain why the aforelinked screed of yours contains gems like this:
  • Thousands of American cops are being sent to Israel for “training,” courtesy of Jewish American billionaires.
  • The American police state is playing “monkey see monkey do” with its Israeli mentor
  • Noah Bryson Mamet, Member, National Jewish Democratic Council.
  • Let’s be frank. Noah Mamet is an Influence Peddler for the Jewish Billionaire Wasserman Family Office and Other Hollywood Money.
And why the aforelinked footer of your site has 3 separate categories:

Israel | Israel/Palestine | Jewish issues

Want to peddle your anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, have at it - it's a free country. At least be honest about it.

EDIT: It turns out that between yesterday and today, Mr. Bruno edited his screed to remove the latter 2 passages I quoted.
The problem is that on the Internet, it's rather hard to erase stuff completely.
Here's a link to the page as captured by the Internet Archive this past December - and as I personally observed it as late as yesterday.
Photos of "before and after" follow:

Current version:

29nh2fn.jpg

Old version, with deleted words highlighted:

2cgo961.jpg

EDIT 2: Just found another screed by the same author (hard to keep track, isn't it?), this time he makes the Jewish angle rather explicit:
  • His only qualification is the money he raised for Obama 2012, which is arguably a social function of his race as well.
Other gems include the suggestion that the AMIA bombing was done by AMIA itself, and conspiracy theories re the Oklahoma City bombing.

It may well be that the State Department is required to provide passports to all citizens, including this unsavory character.
But I for one feel pretty comfortable doing nothing to help him. As well as pointing out that the whole premise is possibly, if not likely, a crock of shit.

You call me anti-Semitic and an unsavory character because I tell the truth about police brutality :angry: and legalized corruption in the United States. We the People dont want a militarized police force and we dont want your military training or your ideology that has nothing to do with the United States of America. We dont need your wars either. Get this through your head Ben: people like you will never tell Americans what is acceptable to write, you will never censor us. I dont have to pass your political litmus test to get a passport from my own country. We will not be circumscribed by foreigners, a foreign country or a foreign ideology. You will not own us no matter how many congressmen you buy and you wont tell us what opinions we must profess no matter how many media outlets you own. We have had enough and that is why CNN, the New York Times, WaPo etc, are all dying off. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back