US Health Insurance for Argentine Visitors

sam3g

Registered
Hey all,

My fiancee is coming to the US on her tourist visa until we have a date at the US Embassy in BA for her Fiancee visa interview. She has bought travel insurance, but it only covers her for 2 months of travel at a time. We plan on being in the US up to 6 months, and I don't want her to be uninsured, (and my financial future to be obliterated) if an accident were to happen.

Does anyone know of health insurance in the US for Argentine tourists that is trustworthy and will cover for 6 months or more? Most of the stuff on the web looks suspicious.

Many thanks,

I don't think there are any travel insurance providers that will insure you for a single journey of more than six months, because their policies are cheap (compared to full health insurance in the US) and their risk starts to skyrocket.

You can just buy regular health insurance for her but it will be expensive, or you can buy a temporary plan from someone like http://www.insubuy.com/ The actual policies from people like this are written by a real insurance company, they're just a broker.
http://www.insubuy.com/

Thanks ndcj,

I contacted a few Minnesota companies that are very popular, but they won't touch anyone that does not have residence in the US (ie - no tourists). I have no problem paying $100/month for her - it's better than going bankrupt.

World Nomads travel insurance covers Argentine residents in the US, and offers packages for anything from 1 week up to a year. It won't cover pre-existing conditions, of course, but any medical or dental problems that occur during the trip should be OK.

Star/Dennis - have you had personal experience with World Nomads/Squaremouth? Have you ever filed a claim?

Thanks for all the help guys, but it seems like all of these have TERRIBLE online reviews. I'm not worried about getting her bag stolen but I do want her covered if she has to go to the emergency room!

World Nomads reviews (I'm sketched out by them because all complaints have to be processed in the Insurance Review in Denmark)

sorry to change the subject of the thread, but have you carefully thought about the 6 months that she'll spend in the US?

when she finishes her 6 months and comes back to Argentina, she won't be able to go back on her tourist visa until the following year. what if there's some sort of emergency?
also, because the visa is for tourist purposes only, is not a great idea to just "live" in the US with it, as it could make the agents at your POE suspicious.
I recommend to take two trips of less time, but that's just my opinion.

Again, sorry :)

Back