US Mastercard mercado libre

gonzalob54

Registered
Anyone using US cards on mercado libre? Is the closest thing to first worldclass customer service, love using it. I was intrigued by the dollar price using Mastercard cc and debit. MEP price?

Anyone using US cards on mercado libre? Is the closest thing to first worldclass customer service, love using it. I was intrigued by the dollar price using Mastercard cc and debit. MEP price?
Several tourist facing websites use MercadoPago for their payments and can confirm some friends visiting me here now have used their foreign cards successfully, getting the MEP rate minus a few points (though Visa is better than MC)

You've never actually had to deal with their customer service, have you? It's abysmally world class bad, following the typical US pattern that has become the world standard of customer service, given that it generates no revenue and deserves no importance, of never allowing you to contact an actual person, as well as generating robotic copy-and-paste replies that never address anything relevant, let alone solve any problems.

When it works, it works well, I'll admit that, you can contact vendors and sort out problems directly, but God help you if you ever have an actual problem with the service.

Curious if anyone else has had issues adding a US credit card to their mercado libre account? I keep trying and it keeps giving me an error. I tried both with my DNI and by selection other and putting in my US DL. Any tips?

Curious if anyone else has had issues adding a US credit card to their mercado libre account? I keep trying and it keeps giving me an error. I tried both with my DNI and by selection other and putting in my US DL. Any tips?
Been using my US cc for months now. I put my DNI and billing address ( I think I used an Arg billing address and not the actual US billing ), but definitely with my DNI.

Been using it since they allowed the MEP.

Amen to never again having to go and buy something in person in Buenos Aires.

Been using my US cc for months now. I put my DNI and billing address ( I think I used an Arg billing address and not the actual US billing ), but definitely with my DNI.
Did you register the card on the website via a computer? Maybe it's because I am using the app but it doesn't give me the option to even add an address, just gives me an error whenever I get to the last input which is my DNI...

Been using it since they allowed the MEP.

Amen to never again having to go and buy something in person in Buenos Aires.
I would love to but not having luck so far, just keep getting an error message.

Back