US Passport Renewal

True the DHL in Belgrano knows what to do , you just submit the documents/pics etc, they will provide the envelope to mail it and return label that will be included. You pay for both ways and wait for the new passport at home or at DHL offices. Easy

For passport renewal, they say on the embassy page you can pay in dollars or pesos. Anybody know if payment in pesos will be calculated at the official rate? If so, that would be much cheaper, and I need all the help I can get. I mean, 130 USD is not a small amount for me.

Also, when I made my appointment to visit the embassy, and I clicked "continue" at the end, it just took me back to the root page for services, with no confirmation that the appointment was actually scheduled. Has anybody else had this experience? The page says you'll get an email "a few business days" before the scheduled appointment with more info, but it would be nice to know now if this is happening or not...

Is there an email address you can contact them on? I've emailed the US embassy in other countries before and they were generally responsive and helpful

For passport renewal, they say on the embassy page you can pay in dollars or pesos. Anybody know if payment in pesos will be calculated at the official rate? If so, that would be much cheaper, and I need all the help I can get. I mean, 130 USD is not a small amount for me.

Also, when I made my appointment to visit the embassy, and I clicked "continue" at the end, it just took me back to the root page for services, with no confirmation that the appointment was actually scheduled. Has anybody else had this experience? The page says you'll get an email "a few business days" before the scheduled appointment with more info, but it would be nice to know now if this is happening or not...
They convert at the official gov't peso exchange rate if you pay in pesos. Big savings.

Just mailed in my documents via DHL to the US embassy to renew my passport.

Would be grateful if anyone would share their experience of how long the turn around time to renew US passport via DHL.

US govt website says to allow 7 weeks, curious about real world times.

Thanks in advance.

Just mailed in my documents via DHL to the US embassy to renew my passport.

Would be grateful if anyone would share their experience of how long the turn around time to renew US passport via DHL.

US govt website says to allow 7 weeks, curious about real world times.

Thanks in advance.
I took my kids to get their passports renewed on July 17th, 2023 and they arrived at home on August 14th.

Back