US Presidential & VP Debates

I'm super-interested! Please keep me posted... can bring brews and/or bake goods.

I'll check with sugar to see of they will air the debate. What other var should we try?

Anybody have a large screen and a big fridge? Can watch ustv.now.

bradlyhale said:
In 2008, the debates were shown in two different bars. I think Sugar was one of them?

There was a place in Palermo Soho named "Sacramento". The Buenos Aires Democrats (or something along those lines) organized a debate watching event or two and then hosted a huge election night results watching party.

http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Sacramento-Resto-Bar-2886

There doesn't seem to be the same political awareness thrust as there was 4 years ago.

Napoleon said:
There was a place in Palermo Soho named "Sacramento". The Buenos Aires Democrats (or something along those lines) organized a debate watching event or two and then hosted a huge election night results watching party.

http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Sacramento-Resto-Bar-2886

There doesn't seem to be the same political awareness thrust as there was 4 years ago.

This is true. I was in Brazil and Argentina in 2008, and prior to the elections, the talk about President Obama was electric. When he won, people actually congratulated me. It was weird, but everyone was so inspired -- even the Norwegian Nobel Committee. :eek: I'm by far opposed entirely to Obama. He talked a lot of talk, did some good things, but he didn't live up to his grandiose promises. People expected a lot more, and got a lot less.

bradlyhale said:
People expected a lot more, and got a lot less.

They were expecting a messiah, but got a man instead. :(

My boyfriend and I will definitely be at Sugar tomorrow to watch the debate - hope to see some of you there! Since we're from DC, we're more than willing to chat a little politics with anyone who's interested (can't live there without picking it up)...

I arrived Monday and am just now back online. Where is Sugar? I so want to join the 'party.'

Back