US Presidential & VP Debates

daviddc

Registered
I'll be in BA for the month of October.

The Debates are scheduled in the evenings of October 3, 11, 16, and 22.

I am thinking that it would be great fun to watch them with a 'crowd' preferably with alcohol before, during, and maybe after. This election is sobering enough.

Any suggestions of where I can catch the debates and whether anyone wants to join in and talk back to the TV or groan or laugh along with me. [I don't care about your politics; only that you are considerate of others and differing and politely offered points of view.]

Best, David

Great start. Any bars that might show the debates instead of football: American or Argentinian?

daviddc said:
Great start. Any bars that might show the debates instead of football: American or Argentinian?

No, I can guarantee that no bar here is going to show the US Presidential Debates. It would be hard to find a bar showing them in the USA. In Argentina forget it. We are going to have to organize this at someone's house.

el_expatriado said:
No, I can guarantee that no bar here is going to show the US Presidential Debates. It would be hard to find a bar showing them in the USA. In Argentina forget it. We are going to have to organize this at someone's house.

In 2008 I was back for during the elections and they showed the debates in a lot of bars in San Francisco. I made sure not to patronize those establishments at that time. :)

The last thing I would want to see on TV in bar is a presidential debate, even if I liked one of the candidates (which I do not).

Anyway, you might try El Alamo. That's the only place I know that "might" consider it if there are enough Yanquis who request it. You never know, they do show hockey. :)

Gracious offer to host. Thank you very much. Of course I'll bring a contribution to liquid refreshments. I hope Expats on the Board weren't bailing from the States because of the current, 'interesting' state of US politics.

I guess by your post that you are "No" on watching the debates. :)

Hey, did you ever figure out a location for watching the debates? I'd love to join in!

el_expatriado said:

In 2008, the debates were shown in two different bars. I think Sugar was one of them?

i want to come too! will bring refreshments! aka: BEER and maybe Jager!

Back