USA Who will Be President ? Where to Watch

As I mentioned before, both my 92 year old mom, and my 26 year old son lived in that neighborhood- and it was far from a war zone. My moms late 70s boyfriend would stroll over there....

More power to your mom....! My hat's off to a 92 year old lady energetic enough to have a boyfriend ten years younger.

You come from amazing stock, Ries....

More power to your mom....! My hat's off to a 92 year old lady energetic enough to have a boyfriend ten years younger.

You come from amazing stock, Ries....
thank you. Unfortunately, my mother passed away a couple of weeks ago, peacefully in her own bed. She was a Judge, a State congresswoman and State Senator, and an inspiration to generations of women in Washington State. Her boyfriend of 30 plus years was close to 15 years younger.

(I was just down there two days ago, helping her partner, in the zone of protest, and there is zero death and destruction. There was a small demonstration a couple of nights ago in front of the police station, with no burning or broken windows, although the cops did beat someone into a coma. )

My condolences, Ries. Losing one's mother is a devastating blow, no matter what age we are. Even worse when she happens to be such an exceptional woman - a privilege to have known her closely! She must have had a wonderfully rich and full life - being a pioneer, a Judge, a State Senator, and a mother as well.

Without the example of women like her, we would not have a woman Vice President today.

Last edited:
Back