Used appliances?

mini

Registered
We need to buy a fridge, washer and dyer for our apartment. Since we only need it for a couple years, I'd rather buy a second hand one. Does anyone know if/where they sell second hand white goods?
Thanx in advance.

steveinbsas

Registered
mini said:
We need to buy a fridge, washer and dyer for our apartment. Since we only need it for a couple years, I'd rather buy a second hand one. Does anyone know if/where they sell second hand white goods?
Thanx in advance.

I bought a great fridge on mercadolibre.com. You can register for free without a DNI and ask questions of the seller through the website. It may be necessary to have someone who speaks castellano help you (if you don't). I bought the fridge "sin compromiso" and went to see it before being obligated to pay. I also took a roll of "carton" and tape to wrap it up. A flete (Honde Verde) delivered it to my apartment with no dents or scratches.

About washers, Ariston is a very good brand and my preference. A lavasecoropas is what you are looking for, but be advised that the dryer function uses electricity to create very high temperatures to dry the clothes. A few models of lavasecoropas that use "forced air" are available, but far less common and probably very difficult to find used.

mini

Registered
Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look at MercadoLibre.

But I definitely _don't_ want a lavasecarropas! Those combo things are terrible. I'm guessing I will probably have to buy the dryer new as there don't seem to be too many of them around.

steveinbsas

Registered
mini said:
Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look at MercadoLibre.

But I definitely _don't_ want a lavasecarropas! Those combo things are terrible. I'm guessing I will probably have to buy the dryer new as there don't seem to be too many of them around.

Something to consider: It's a lot easier to sell a good used fridge, washer, and dryer here than to buy them. Yes, it's more money up front, but buying new means warranty coverage while buying used is a crap shoot. You'll also have fewer hassles with repairs (if any) and enjoy having new appliances. If you take good care of them they will be easy to sell at a good price when you are ready to leave.