Used Clothing Shops in B/A

svpolaris

Registered
We are in San Telmo and looking to find some used clothing stores in hopes of finding some appropiate Tango clothes (shoes, dress, suit...etc) Any help would be appreciated...Ken [email protected]

"The" place to buy used clothes is "Galería Quinta Avenida", in Santa Fe between Libertad and Talcahuano (two blocks from 9 de Julio).

I`ve seen places where they sell it in San Telmo, but I can´t tell you where because normally I just wander there... sorry.

There's another one on Marcelo T de Alvear between Talcahuano and Uruguay (if I'm not mistaken). But beware, I've checked some prices and they weren't that fair.. a second hand H&M poloshirt was sold at about 20 dollars... they cost the same new (in europe).

I have seen 3 or 4 in Malabia in Palermo Soho. Proper english style second hand shops at ok prices too. On another note, in the sun, my eyebrows seem to have faded so much that I look like Matt Lucas...anyone know where i can get my eyebrows dyed as everywhere i have asked dont do it..or they want to put henna or hair dye on them.

There are several in the galería on Santa Fe just past Pueyrredon (on the right side going with the traffic). Look for a casa de cambio and an antique (mostly lamps) shop on either side of the entrance. The used clothing shops are on the upper level and the best ones are in the back. They may not have Tango garb, but the inventory looked better then what I could see through the window of the ones in the "Galería Quinta Avenida" where the clothes looked like very old "rag outs" from US thrift shops.

svpolaris said:
We are in San Telmo and looking to find some used clothing stores in hopes of finding some appropiate Tango clothes (shoes, dress, suit...etc) Any help would be appreciated...Ken [email protected]

Have you wandered through the Mercado San Telmo? The main entrance is on Defensa, but there are used clothing vendors near the entrance at the corner of Bolivar. The one closest to the door has nice clothes, but I didn't price them. What size men's suit do you need?

Back