Using a Cell Phone From Home

Xeneizes

Registered
EDIT: I think because my phone like most verizon phones uses CDMA technology, it won't work here (and I don't think it has a sim card, only a memory card). Can anyone confirm this?

Hey,

I am trying to get my phone set up here. I'd like to use my samsung phone from home. My service provider was Verizon. I am trying to find out if my phone was unlocked, methods I can use to unlock my phone, and whether it will work here.

Does anyone have any information on this? If I switch my home cell number to a different older phone we have sitting around (have my family do it) will my phone be eligible to use here? Are there any other ways I can use my phone.

Again, to clarify, it's not an iphone or a blackberry, and I'm not even sure it's locked. Just trying to get it to work here.

My company will provide a plan with movestar because I don't have a checking account.

Model #: samsung sch-u960 DBE

ask verizon for the unlock code, or there's a place on pueyrredon & corrientes.

I think you are right about Verizon on CMDA and not functioning here.
Ive had best luck with ATT phones here as some T mobile dont have the frequencies used for 3G data, I think you need 850 or 900 and 1900 for Argentina.
I read on infosyncworld that some new phones may come with radios for both CDMA and GSM but not sure if those are out yet.

Back