Using The Sube Card On The Highway

MorganF

Registered
Has anyone else noticed that, when you drive out of the city (at least to the north), for the tolls on the highway, you can pay using your Sube card. Sounds modern and great, right? But... of the dozen lanes only about two have the machine to take it, so you need to navigate over to those lanes. Creates chaos and confusion and frustration, all to save the cost of the machines in a few lanes.

Theater of the absurd. Without the theater!

Rant over!

If you have a credit card you can get an Aupass tag (chip), stick it on the windshield and navigate through the automated lanes. It works on most of the highways.

http://www.ausa.com.ar/aupass/

Has anyone else noticed that, when you drive out of the city (at least to the north), for the tolls on the highway, you can pay using your Sube card. Sounds modern and great, right? But... of the dozen lanes only about two have the machine to take it, so you need to navigate over to those lanes. Creates chaos and confusion and frustration, all to save the cost of the machines in a few lanes.

Theater of the absurd. Without the theater!

Rant over!

2 points:
1. Yes, only a couple lanes.
2. It saves you money too. You pay the same as the telepeaje.
3. At most major toll plazas, the rightmost lane often leads to a secondary toll plaza (example here). I'm pretty sure - but not positive - that at that secondary toll plaza some lanes have SUBE too.
4. On the Richierri (towards Ezeiza), they DON'T accept it. I drove once without cash, thinking that SUBE or credit card will do the trick. It didn't. Was embarrassing.

Ben,

Saying you have two points then proceeding to list 4.... you sound like me! :)

Morgan

Reactions: ben
Back