V P N

The opera developer browser is free, and has a VPN function. I'm not sure it allows for manual adjustment to a certain place, but it might be worth a download so you can check and see if that's the case.

I have used the opera free VPN. I was able to see that my location was in Brazil. I'm not sure if it's possible to select a location with the paid version.

Have you asked a bank like Citibank if they can cash cheques? The US subsidiary should be familiar with cheques, maybe the Argentinian subsidiary might be able to handle cheques as well. If they handle it, they will probably ask a commission. In Belgium, banks may ask 10, 20 or even 50 euro to cash a US cheque, I have no idea what Argentinian banks would ask.

Have you asked a bank like Citibank if they can cash cheques? The US subsidiary should be familiar with cheques, maybe the Argentinian subsidiary might be able to handle cheques as well. If they handle it, they will probably ask a commission. In Belgium, banks may ask 10, 20 or even 50 euro to cash a US cheque, I have no idea what Argentinian banks would ask.

I would love to pay the $50EUR to any bank here to get rid of this problem.
I will start asking. CitiBank and who else is here ?

Also there is a ScotiaBank in Colonia. I very much doubt if they can cash or deposit them for me.
I`m always under the impression that ScotiaBank in Colonia has NOTHING to do with ScotiaBank Canada.
I could be wrong.
How can I find out before spending a whole day round trip for nothing?

Save your pesos, Scotiabank UY will be a disappointment, it's an intl banking extension of Scotiabank Canada.Cambio Gales might cash it in mvdeo. UY,at a steep discount,but if you not a regular customer....maybe not.

You may have to take a photo of the check with your smartphone and deposit it through your Bank's app.

May be my phone is the problem because I bought it here.

May I ask you a favor?
Can you try to download the app on your phone, ... just to confirm that my phone is the problem.
The app is at
www.ScotiaBank.com/ca/en
Please try ... and let me know if you succeed.

Dinner on me .... if it works !!!!!!!!!!!!

@toongeorges:
I downloaded hide.me. Same messages : "This app isn`t compatible with your device" .... "This app isn`t accessible in your country"

If all else fails, I know a guy who will do it for you. Send me a PM and I'll give you contact details. You would have to pay a fee.

Is the app specific to Canada? I downloaded the "scotia bank" app to my android phone from argentina without any vpn. Not sure if there is a different app specific to Canada or if it would work once you tried to log on.

34h9x8z.png

Back