Vacations

jeff1234

Registered
I've recently relocated to La Plata and would like to find some 3-5 days vacations to interesting and warm places.
Any good suggestions would be appreciated.

hi guy, Corrientes and Posadas are great places to visit the north, Igazue Fall is fascinating place also, The weather is great, little cool in the morning and night. Glacier Moreno in El Calafate is wonderful place to experience too,
nik

Warm during the day but chilly at night and a complete contrast to the urban east - i'd recommmend sooner or later visiting Quebrada de Humahuaca

the geography is stupendous and the history explains a little about the way that the Viceroyality of the River Plate/ United Provinces of the Rio Plata shrunk in size to become the smaller but still enormously varied Argentina never to reach the potential of becoming the United States of South America.

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1116

I'd recommend staying a couple of nights in e.g Tilcara I have address of wonderful boutique hotel

citation as a world heritage site says ...

Quebrada de Humahuaca follows the line of a major cultural route, the Camino Inca, along the spectacular valley of the Rio Grande, from its source in the cold high desert plateau of the High Andean lands to its confluence with the Rio Leone some 150 km to the south. The valley shows substantial evidence of its use as a major trade route over the past 10,000 years. It features visible traces of prehistoric hunter-gatherer communities, of the Inca Empire (15th to 16th centuries) and of the fight for independence in the 19th and 20th centuries.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jose Negro Expat Life 8
W Expat Life 10
N Expat Life 3
Back