Validate Marriage Abroad In Argentina

Haha. I don't think it counts as bigamy when it's the same person. ;)

I did some quick Google searches on this subject where couples are married twice in two countries (It happens often...I have friends who have done it, but there might have been only one legal ceremony).

It appears the second would be considered ceremonial (renewing of vows as I noted earlier) and void in terms of a legal union. Technically, not probably the best plan to get a marriage license in Argentina then...

Yea! another trámite.

The US government readily recognized my Argentine marriage at the Embassy in Palermo. What about "reciprocity?"

Oops, I forgot...that's only when US citizens want to visit and Argentina can charge them for the privilege of doing so.

One thing to note: US citizen pays the money to Argentina, and gets the visa; ARG citizen pays for the mere privilege of submitting an application, regardless of the answer.

One thing to note: US citizen pays the money to Argentina, and gets the visa; ARG citizen pays for the mere privilege of submitting an application, regardless of the answer.

I know that, but it's technically not a visa. It's foolish at both ends, but truly counter-productive at the Argentine end.

Back