Vanishing Starbucks

I love Starbucks. Way back in the Dark Ages I drove across the US, and Starbucks was a lonely beacon of hope in the Mid West hinterlands.

Way before that there was only Denny's coffee shops on the lonely freeway drives. Maybe Denny's may open in Argentina with a $2.99 breakfast LOL
Even before that there were just Howard Johnsons....

Any particular profile on SB haters?

My point isn't that Starbucks is good or bad... It's normal for some people to like X and others not like X. I've just noticed that people seem to be proud of the fact that they hate Starbucks. They'll let you know first chance they get. Not to pick on you wineguy, but to demonstrate, I searched for threads containing "espresso" written by you, and you've told this story 6 or 7 times here:

It's just a thing I've noticed.. people love to hate Starbucks.

BTW I ordered an iced latte at Havanna once and they didn't know what it was. I don't hate them, I just go to Starbucks because they know what iced coffee is.

Way before that there was only Denny's coffee shops on the lonely freeway drives. Maybe Denny's may open in Argentina with a $2.99 breakfast LOL
Let us not forget Howard Johnson's way back in the day.

I could kill for a Denny's breakfast, complete with hash browns. Has anyone had decent hash browns in Buenos Aires? I tried making them, but it was a dismal failure.

I could kill for a Denny's breakfast, complete with hash browns. Has anyone had decent hash browns in Buenos Aires? I tried making them, but it was a dismal failure.
There is this place called Jay's near Hospital Aleman that has American style breakfast and I've had some pretty good hashbrowns there as well as pancakes with cheap maple syrup from the States. When I'm feeling very very nostalgic I've been there. Three times over the years but it's always solid food and nice service. I almost want to say they do free refills on coffee mugs but not 100% certain.

Plus add a stack of pancakes with lots of maple syrup , eggs over easy..!, golden toast, free coffee refills.

You go tell the waiter here how to make your eggs..! LOL.

Once upon a time in LA, near the studios , when the Watts Riots exploded, There was a curfew , restos had to close , well this particular Denny's had no lock never closed in 10 years.

There is this place called Jay's near Hospital Aleman that has American style breakfast and I've had some pretty good hashbrowns there as well as pancakes with cheap maple syrup from the States. When I'm feeling very very nostalgic I've been there. Three times over the years but it's always solid food and nice service. I almost want to say they do free refills on coffee mugs but not 100% certain.
Must try sometime..!

Back