Vegan Dinner Judges?

Mano Negra

Registered
Hey guys, we have one more place on the tasting panel for our trial vegan puerta cerrada menu testing. As a confirmed carnivore I was quite surprised how good the last one was. All we ask is that you pay the cost of the ingredients (5 courses) and wine (130 pesos all in) and participate in the conversation afterwards about likes/dislikes/prices etc. For anyone that is missing a bit of Haute Cuisine veginess it should be a treat.

Let me know.

I looked at the pics of your place and it looks great.

Will you be organizing puerta cerrada dinners then?

Nice to see people making a project come true.

Hey, I am interested.... when and where? I'm a vegetarian, and would love some decent food! ;-P

Hey Teschowv, I apologise my post above was not very clear, we are doing the menu trial tonight for the Vegan Puerta Cerrada, but unfortunately there are no places left. However, our intention is to do a dinner every two weeks and provide "haute cuisine" vegan. If you want to know when just follow us on FB www.facebook.com/the5thfloorba

Frenchie, yes our intention is to have a number of Puerta Cerradas. We have finished the menu trials for a vietnamese one (Thõm @ The 5th Floor), are possibly going to have a Pakistani one, almost certainly will do a real traditional Mexican one, and then my own (Ugly Food) which is all about strong flavours, reduced sauces, appropriate spice (ok it will probably kill an Argy jajaja) i.e bold dishes that you don't "eat with your eyes" but by sticking your nose close to the plate first! We will also do events with the Bratwurst guys (German Sausages and beer on the terrace anyone?), and are working out what to smoke with Larry the Texan.

Anyway, its all at the experimental stage at the moment and we will have to ensure that any event is going to be equally enjoyable for the people staying at my B&B, but we hope to have fun and be able to offer a genuinely different and robust dining experience. Of course it all relies on how much demand / support there is for these things. I have to say I see a lot of talk and very little action on this site. If people want food options that aren't smoothed out for Argentine tastes then they have to get behind the potential providers. Personally, I don't think there are enough Ex-pats to rely on to have a full time restaurant on this basis, but there ought to be enough for once fortnightly events.

Let us know when and we will be there. Sounds fabulous!

Back