Velez-San Lorenzo

Nick0518 said:
The San Lorenzo goalie was defending the goal in front of the Velez popular section, and he was hit in the shoulder by one of these small rolls of toilet paper. He dropped to the ground and clutched his shoulder like he was seriously injured. I wish he had not reacted the way he did...being hit may have surprised him, but it could not have hurt. This is what caused the San Lorenzo fans to start tearing down the fence and one even managed to climb it and run onto the field (I think).

I totally agree. Not that I completely blame him. Was a pretty intimidating atmosphere for the keeper.

senorsuitcase said:
I totally agree. Not that I completely blame him. Was a pretty intimidating atmosphere for the keeper.
We should note that San Lorenzo's keeper, Pablo Migliore, is a total jackass.

As for the bravas, I don't think the casual observer realizes how deeply imbedded they are in Argentine football. They are generally financed by the clubs, have contacts with the police and government officials, and are in some respects above the law. They are viewed by much of the poorer population as outlaw heroes and much more respected than the police.

Incredible but true.

Back