Venezuela - Let us discuss it.

marksoc said:
Yes, and the name of the game is "easy sex", nothing else.

Eh? It's not as if easy sex is difficult to come by in Argentina. In Brazil, however, I've never noticed men jumping around like monkeys and groping women like Argentines do. In fact, my friends and I met a huge Brazilian biker in Rio who told us how he and his friends enjoyed beating the crap out of scrawny little Argies who don't know how to behave themselves. Men can pay for sex fairly easily in either country but in Brazil it's not used an excuse to treat women poorly. They're a bit more civilized up there.

mini said:
I'm not sure that it is true that there are fewer jobs. The economy of Brazil is in a much better position than Argentina.

Yeah, I met an Argentine veterinarian who told me that he and every other veterinarian he knew wanted to get over to Brazil where they could earn a lot more money and demand was high (Brazil exports a whole lot more beef than Argentina, no?). And the place is just clearly more modernized than Argentina. They have lots of new technology that doesn't exist in Argentina.

Also, while they may still have big issues with violent crime in the favellas, you don't have to deal with stupid petty thievery everywhere like you do in Argentina. Everyone trying to scam you in some way gets irritating after a while. I've never noticed any of that nonsense in Brazil. Hell, I can't believe how much my friends and I were trusted when we rented a house in Floripa for a week. We started wondering how we were supposed to pay the guy at the end of our stay. We finally just handed him a big wad of cash and he didn't even count it. So refreshing after dealing with silly Argy bs for so long.

Brazil is the "B" in BRIC for a reason. And I really wish I was on the ball ten or so years ago and bought an apartment in Ipanema. Those real estate values must be going through the roof leading up to the Olympics.

mini said:
I'm not sure that it is true that there are fewer jobs. The economy of Brazil is in a much better position than Argentina.

And although it is more expensive in Brazil the salaries are higher than here. But yes, salaries in AR & BR are both lower than in the US . I'm not sure Lee is going to be working, at least not as a local.

I should have have stressed fewer jobs for foreigners. I spent over a year researching my job options as a foreigner there--Argentina was my second choice. And I'm here now so that should give you an idea. Yes the wages are low here but as a foreigner in Buenos Aires you can at least find a job in "sales" or at a "call center". That is even next to impossible in Brazil. Even if you are a triple threat--Spanish, English, Portuguese speaker. You really have to know someone or get shipped down by a Euro or American company. Of course you can always teach English.

And the wages in Brazil relative to the cost of living are pitiful. So yes while they're higher in Brazil, the cost of living in Brazil is also much higher than here in Argentina, even with inflation. Especially in the bigger cities--ie Sao Paulo or Rio.

marksoc said:
Yes, and the name of the game is "easy sex", nothing else.

No. I would beg to argue that most Argentines aren't like the Italians, Italians, Italians, Euros and American sex tourists that just go to Brazil for the women....and men.

They recognize the laid-back nature of the culture. And the fact that Brazilians are extremely friendly (well except for maybe Paulistas) and have real beaches.

LAtoBA said:
I should have have stressed fewer jobs for foreigners. I spent over a year researching my job options as a foreigner there--Argentina was my second choice. And I'm here now so that should give you an idea. Yes the wages are low here but as a foreigner in Buenos Aires you can at least find a job in "sales" or at a "call center". That is even next to impossible in Brazil. Even if you are a triple threat--Spanish, English, Portuguese speaker. You really have to know someone or get shipped down by a Euro or American company. Of course you can always teach English.

And the wages in Brazil relative to the cost of living are pitiful. So yes while they're higher in Brazil, the cost of living in Brazil is also much higher than here in Argentina, even with inflation. Especially in the bigger cities--ie Sao Paulo or Rio.

Well, without know more about the job market for foreigners I'll defer to you on that.

As for salaries for locals, I have to disagree again. My husband's colleagues in Brazil have much more disposable income than the ones here. But they are no in Rio or SP and like I said above, I wouldn't move to either of those. I'd pick a smaller city, which if you are right could possibly be worse in terms of jobs for foreigners.

Anyway, the point is moot, as I've already put my foot down. I'm not moving to BR! ;) You guys can't convince me... Now, Lee & ssr.. I think we might be able to convince them. ;)

SSR shut your ignorant and prejudiced mouth!.... Argentina was the 5th economy in the world until the 30's, and brazil will never be it!. If you have needs for all these crap of latest technology that are on sale to take away money from people, so can just go to any country in Europe or North America and thats all. And do not talk about Argentine men because we are more civilized than in brazil, if they learned anything in recent decades is due to us, because they were really wild monkeys harassing women, this is one of the reasons that they have much more population than here! ... Argentina has a history, award-culture worldwide, good human resources and much more !.... a time with good economic is not the only reason to go to a country, because in that sense everyone would move to the U.S. with a PIB of 14 billions ... And brazil anyway has thousands of negative things that you are not considered at all.

Brigadier said:
SSR shut your ignorant and prejudiced mouth!....
And do not talk about Argentine men because we are more civilized than in brazil, if they learned anything in recent decades is due to us, because they were really wild monkeys harassing women, this is one of the reasons that they have much more population than here! ...

Speaking of ignorance and prejudice rolling out of somebody's mouth... maybe you shouldn't take things so personally or be so competitive. The lady doth protest too much.

Brigadier said:
SSR shut your ignorant and prejudiced mouth!.... Argentina was the 5th economy in the world until the 30's, and brazil will never be it!. If you have needs for all these crap of latest technology that are on sale to take away money from people, so can just go to any country in Europe or North America and thats all. And do not talk about Argentine men because we are more civilized than in brazil, if they learned anything in recent decades is due to us, because they were really wild monkeys harassing women, this is one of the reasons that they have much more population than here! ... Argentina has a history, award-culture worldwide, good human resources and much more !.... a time with good economic is not the only reason to go to a country, because in that sense everyone would move to the U.S. with a PIB of 14 billions ... And brazil anyway has thousands of negative things that you are not considered at all.

Hah! Yeah, Argentina must have been just fantastic a century ago. Ah, the glory days.

Anyway, back in the reality of now, Brazil is incredible. The emerging superpower of South America. Great people, great food, great beaches and great all sorts of other things. Ah, Brazil.

Brigadier, you be nice to your future overlords now, you hear? ;)

ssr said:
Hah! Yeah, Argentina must have been just fantastic a century ago. Ah, the glory days.

Anyway, back in the reality of now, Brazil is incredible. The emerging superpower of South America. Great people, great food, great beaches and great all sorts of other things. Ah, Brazil.

Brigadier, you be nice to your future overlords now, you hear? ;)

Yeah SSR and the USA the emerging third world country of the western hemisphere . 45 million people in poverty , the most obese people on the planet and over 13 percent of the population of the USA live on food stamps.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/35-mill...tamps-highest-since-records-kept-in-1969.html

Yeah right SSR you should be real............. proud .;)

Back