Visa options - student visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immelikethat

Registered
Hey everyone,

I'm from the US and have been living in Argentina since the beginning of 2017. I teach English online and I love living in BsAs but I keep hitting more and more roadblocks due to not having a DNI.

After border hopping for years I'm eager to find a way to get another visa and obtain residency.

I've looked into some visa options (trabajo, rentista) and looks like those aren't viable. It seems like my only option is to get a student visa, but I'm not sure what the requirements are other than the course needs to be longer than 6 months.

My question is:
Would it be possible to sign up for a course or university and only take one or two classes a semester? Could I, for example, sign up to take just a Spanish class at a private university each semester and do this for 3 years to achieve permanent residency?

Any tips or suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

You would likely want to speak to a lawyer once you have determined a feasible study program, although from what I've heard from legal counsel you would need something resembling a full course-load to apply for a Student Visa (I was thinking 8 hours a week and that seemed like it wasn't gonna cut it for her). The last thing you would want to do is pay for a course and begin the visa application only to finally get rejected. Might take some digging but perhaps an English school could sponsor a visa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back