Visa overstay panic.

Thank you

Thank you very much. That is a helpful response. It sounds to me as though the best option is just to wait until my flight in January and pay the fine in the 10 days prior to leaving. Then leave for 2 months and hopefully return on a new 90 day visa. If i were to apply for the prorroga it would expire before returning but I'm a little worried about being arrested on arriving to immigration...
Right.
For comming back is better to do it from Uruguay by bus.

Speaking of 90 days, I have to visit Uruguay so I don't exceed the tourist visa.

Question: can I take Seacat at 8:15 am, arrive at Colonia at 9:15 am and turn around, coming right back at 10:16 am - same day?

This sounds a bit obvious that one just seeks a passport stamp to extend a duration. But then again, it seems within the law.

Anyone have experience with this?

In response to this I asked a lawyer who specializes in citizenship if this was "official" policy now, but I didn't see a direct answer to this question. I do remember that he wrote :there are no rules" (and I believe it was in the same thread).

I would actually want to know if there are rules or not. E.g. the rules for a Schengen tourist visa are clear: you can only be 90 days in the area in 180 consecutive days (https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/visa-policy/schengen_visa_en). 181 days after your first entry, the requirements reset. For an Argentine tourist visa all I know is you get 90 days, but I do not know about restrictions of renewal.

In my case, I am not planning to be a permatourist, I plan to be home most of the time. Though if I would not go to Uruguay next week, I would overstay my visa by about 10 days. Therefore, I will visit a friend of mine in Montevideo for 2 days. I go back home after Christmas and plan to come back for about 2 months at the end of January.

5 years ago, I went back and forth to Uruguay (and once to Chile) when I had an Argentina girlfriend (not knowing if it is legal or not). No one complained. My last trip to Uruguay was cancelled when the relation broke up, I booked a ticket back home and overstayed a couple of days. I did not know I should have gone to migraciones, I went to the airport and boarded the plane without paying an overstay fee, no one seemed to care.

Speaking of 90 days, I have to visit Uruguay so I don't exceed the tourist visa.

Question: can I take Seacat at 8:15 am, arrive at Colonia at 9:15 am and turn around, coming right back at 10:16 am - same day?

This sounds a bit obvious that one just seeks a passport stamp to extend a duration. But then again, it seems within the law.

Anyone have experience with this?

Since decree 616/2016 this is as irregular as to overstay.

I would actually want to know if there are rules or not. E.g. the rules for a Schengen tourist visa are clear: you can only be 90 days in the area in 180 consecutive days (https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/visa-policy/schengen_visa_en). 181 days after your first entry, the requirements reset. For an Argentine tourist visa all I know is you get 90 days, but I do not know about restrictions of renewal.

In my case, I am not planning to be a permatourist, I plan to be home most of the time. Though if I would not go to Uruguay next week, I would overstay my visa by about 10 days. Therefore, I will visit a friend of mine in Montevideo for 2 days. I go back home after Christmas and plan to come back for about 2 months at the end of January.

5 years ago, I went back and forth to Uruguay (and once to Chile) when I had an Argentina girlfriend (not knowing if it is legal or not). No one complained. My last trip to Uruguay was cancelled when the relation broke up, I booked a ticket back home and overstayed a couple of days. I did not know I should have gone to migraciones, I went to the airport and boarded the plane without paying an overstay fee, no one seemed to care.

There are no rules, besides it is illegal, it is up to the immigration agent who has wide freedom.

Since decree 616/2016 this is as irregular as to overstay.
How could one still be irregular after leaving the country of Argentina legitimately?

What is the criteria for leaving Argentina to become regular again?

I read decree 616/2016 and I didn't find anything related to immigration. Where might I find more info?

616/2010.
Simple. The National Constitution allows you to enter the country in anyway. The immigration law and the decree is unconstitutional.

Back