visa renewal / DNI (interesting?)

katti

Registered
We arrived here in september, with a visa as 'empresario'. My husband has his own company here. After a lot of delay and trouble, we finally got our turno for DNI, this week. Before that, we had to renew our visa, as it expires in august.

I would say, fortunately we have someone helping us out here...we would have completely lost it, I think.

There seems to be a new immigracion law, in which they 'forgot' to mention empresario as a reason to get a visa! So they are not able to renew the visa we already have! They prolonged it with 1 month. And they have no idea what will happen with us next.There already seem to be 3 cases like ours (wow, impressive) and these cases are in the legal department.

Without visa, no DNI. FOr us no big deal, only my kids can not do their exams in dec if they don't have DNI, my son wants to get his drivers licence etc. So this person advised us to wait another week or so for news, and if nothing happens, to let the kids apply for DNI seperately, as students. We'll see how that goes. If that is posible...

I wonder how that will end...

I heard about that...there was a woman renewing her visa (under that category, I think) in front of me in immigrations last week. The immigrations lady said that the law had changed that very day and that she wouldn't be able to renew her visa under that category again next year.
I think someone posted something a few days ago about a new "regimen de visa" - have a search - Maybe you'll fall under one of the new categories. Certainly sucks for people who've made investments here...

More then 2 months later, and just 5 days before the expiry of our "visa precaria", my husband was invited to go to Migraciones with only our 4 pasports and the 4 visas precarias. and yes : WE CAN STAY ANOTHER YEAR! Olé!

katti said:
More then 2 months later, and just 5 days before the expiry of our "visa precaria", my husband was invited to go to Migraciones with only our 4 pasports and the 4 visas precarias. and yes : WE CAN STAY ANOTHER YEAR! Olé!

The category of your visa didn`t disapear, the amount of money you have to invest now is higer. It`s 450.000 dollards if I remember well.
However, after 2 years you have been in this country you can apply for citizenship no matter you legal status or for permanent residency.

Regards

katti said:
this 'new law' dates from july 6th.

It was enacted that day but is enforzable since 60 days later, about the 6th of september.
Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
The category of your visa didn`t disapear, the amount of money you have to invest now is higer. It`s 450.000 dollards if I remember well.
However, after 2 years you have been in this country you can apply for citizenship no matter you legal status or for permanent residency.

Regards

You remember wrong. My (well, my husbands) category disapeared, and no : if you come in as an impresario you don't have to invest any money here. Only own a company in which you work as a director.

katti said:
You remember wrong. My (well, my husbands) category disapeared, and no : if you come in as an impresario you don't have to invest any money here. Only own a company in which you work as a director.

The category still is there:

[FONT=&quot]e) Científicos y personal especializado: quienes se dediquen a actividades científicas, de investigación, técnicas, o de asesoría, contratados por entidades públicas o privadas para efectuar trabajos de su especialidad. De igual forma, directivos, técnicos y personal administrativo de entidades públicas o privadas extranjeras de carácter comercial o industrial, trasladados desde el exterior para cubrir cargos específicos en sus empresas y que devenguen honorarios o salarios en la República Argentina. Podrá concederse un término de residencia de hasta tres (3) años, prorrogables, con entradas y salidas múltiples;

And the new law they were talking about changed nothing:

[FONT=&quot]e) Sin reglamentar.

The change I mentioned is this one:

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]d) Inversionista: Quien ingrese en esta subcategoría deberá realizar una inversión productiva, comercial o de servicios de interés para el país, por un mínimo de PESOS UN MILLON QUINIENTOS MIL ($ 1.500.000).
El interesado presentará ante la DIRECCION NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES el proyecto de inversión, debiendo acreditar el origen y legalidad de los fondos, y su ingreso al país, por medio de instituciones bancarias o financieras autorizadas por el BANCO CENTRAL DE LA REPUBLICA ARGENTINA.
Con la aprobación de la Autoridad referenciada en el párrafo precedente, el MINISTERIO DE INDUSTRIA Y TURISMO analizará el proyecto y el plazo de ejecución y elaborará un dictamen no vinculante, teniendo en cuenta los siguientes parámetros:
1. Naturaleza de la inversión;
2. Viabilidad legal del proyecto;
3. Sustentabilidad económico-financiera del proyecto.[/FONT]

Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:

Regards

No 450,000 dollards, that I think you will find is the government.:D

I haven't seen the new law, I can only repeat what the immigration officer and our immigration lawyer told us...

Back