Visa Run = Fake Tourist = Permatourist Deported At Ezeiza

Bajo_cero2

Registered
For the last 2 years I was advicing about not doing the visa run to Colonia every 90 days because according to decree 616/2010, it is as illegal as overstay and you face the risk of being rejected at customs.

There is an american person who was rejected this month at Ezeiza. With his/her consent I publish here the act:

Some advices:
1) If they interrogate you, don t deny that you live in Argentina. In that case they you give an ultimatum of 30 days instead of rejecting you;
2) Never confess that you have a job here;
3) of course, abandon the idea about renewing your i-94 every 90 days. The whole idea about renewing it for ever is wrong, it is illegal.
4) Just pay the fine after overstaying or
5) apply for a residency or citizenship.

To appeal makes no sense because they are always rejected and it takes about 18 months; habeas corpus is the solution as soon as the 1st judge gives a decision the same day, if negative the chamber decides the day after. If negative it goes straight to SC.

Regards

Let's drink a beer to this thread.

panel_modulos_Media_Manager_img_quilmes_cero%25281%2529.jpg

At what stage do you they classify you as a perma tourist and thus deport you? I've never understood why it would be illegal as long as you aren't working there - you are giving money to the country.

At what stage do you they classify you as a perma tourist and thus deport you? I've never understood why it would be illegal as long as you aren't working there - you are giving money to the country.

Fail to understand why if they want to promote tourism, no difference if a person enters the country four times a year or , or four different persons enter the country?

Say goodbye to about 2 billion pesos in foreign currency imported by permatourists - Argentina doesn't need US$ or Euro anyway.

I for one is going to relocate to southern France, Portugal or Spain, if that happens to me - these days, with the high inflation in Argentina, it's cheaper to live there.

Say goodbye to about 2 billion pesos in foreign currency imported by permatourists - Argentina doesn't need US$ or Euro anyway.

I for one is going to relocate to southern France, Portugal or Spain, if that happens to me - these days, with the high inflation in Argentina, it's cheaper to live there.

Sorry guys, but 2 million pesos is nothing for a country.

There are different kind of residencies for those who are here without working: pensionista, rentista, estudiante, etc.

Forget the euphemism of perma-tourist, the real word is fake tourist (pseudo-turista).
According to decree 616/2010 and the immigration act, after the first 6 months, you should apply for a residency.

And let´s be honest, there is not another country where there is so easy to get a legal way to stay as soon as you can regularize your situation any time and you can even get citizenship without legal residency. Here the point is the big mistake of the "visa run", the mistake is to believe that doing it you are legal. After the decree 616/2010 there is not a loophole anymore:

ARTICULO 61.- Cuando se verifique que un extranjero hubiere desnaturalizado los motivos que autorizaron su ingreso al territorio argentino o permaneciera en éste vencido el plazo de permanencia acordado, la DIRECCION NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES lo intimará a fin de que, en un plazo que no exceda de TREINTA (30) días, se presente a regularizar su situación migratoria debiendo acompañar los documentos necesarios para ello. A tal efecto, se lo notificará por escrito informándole, de un modo comprensible, las consecuencias que le deparará mantenerse en la situación migratoria advertida.

So, if you want to stay in Argentina, just overstay and you pay the fine when you leave.
Or apply for a residency.
Or apply for citizenship.
Regards

And let´s be honest, there is not another country where there is so easy to get a legal way to stay as soon as you can regularize your situation any time and you can even get citizenship without legal residency. Here the point is the big mistake of the "visa run", the mistake is to believe that doing it you are legal. After the decree 616/2010 there is not a loophole anymore:

You make an excellent point. Very few countries have such an easy way to seek either residency or citizenship.

I don't know what the system is in Argentina, but here if you overstay your visa, even though a tourist visa is seldom evidenced in your passport, you can be 'flagged'. This is bad news, as it could have a detrimetal effect should you try and enter another country, even if your purpose is tourism.

Back