Visa Run = Fake Tourist = Permatourist Deported At Ezeiza

2.700.000 foreign visitors which mostly bring dollars to finance there stay.

Wouldn't say it's insignificant and it helps someone else to get those dollars out of the cointry

Wouldn't say it's insignificant and it helps someone else to get those dollars out of the cointry

Hmmmm, out of that number how many were from South America?

And wouldn't it help if they were brining Dollars in to the country as the government seems to be so short on them?

The government won't be helped other then it helps to keep the blue rate at bay. It does help somebody to get money out of the country

Also Latin Americans will travel with dollars euros or real to Argentina

A God¡s blessing the number of incoming tourists that close the tourism gap. Unfortunately less tourists are coming in... " Guess Why ... :D Ask Moreno...!!

Rules are clear, play by the rules or accept the possible punishment

Us visa are easy to get for Argentines and the rules are clear. To enter in the eu as a tourist you don't need a visa you do however have to do some things

In the US., The rules also state that an immigration officer can deny you entry because he is in a bad mood that day. Even if you have all paperwork and can prove everything without a doubt. Immigration in the U.S. has got to be one of the most boneheaded immigration systems in the world. If my wife and I decide to immigrate to the U.S., my wife will have to pay U.S. $1500. For a piece of paper. The system is broke and will not be fixed in the near future with anything logical.

In the US., The rules also state that an immigration officer can deny you entry because he is in a bad mood that day. Even if you have all paperwork and can prove everything without a doubt. Immigration in the U.S. has got to be one of the most boneheaded immigration systems in the world. If my wife and I decide to immigrate to the U.S., my wife will have to pay U.S. $1500. For a piece of paper. The system is broke and will not be fixed in the near future with anything logical.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Cipayo has confused the actually geting of a visa with being treated well. Argentiens get visas everyday to USA, Spain, elsewhere, and then when they arrive at their destination get treated terribly at the entry point and often turned away. Argentina immigration officials are actually angels in comparison, even when there are foreigners obviously floughting the law.

(PS, yikes, my english is being eroded daily, is floughting a word? Do I mean flaunting? Please help... sigh :S)

But it is important to point that there is not a loophole anymore since decre 616/2010.

Ley de Migraciones - nueva - Ley 25.871
B.O. 21/01/04 MIGRACIONES Ley 25.871 - (PLN) Política Migratoria Argentina. Derechos y obligaciones de los extranjeros. ...
Sancionada: Diciembre 17 de 2003. Promulgada de Hecho: Enero 20 de 2004.

ARTICULO 24. - Los extranjeros que ingresen al país como "residentes
transitorios" podrán ser admitidos en algunas de las siguientes subcategorías:
15.Turistas;
16. - 22. list more cathegories

Ley de Migraciones - Decreto 616.2010

ARTICULO 24.- Los extranjeros que ingresen al país como "residentes transitorios" podrán ser admitidos en las subcategorías establecidas por el artículo 24 de la Ley Nº 25.871, con los siguientes alcances:

a) Turistas: quienes ingresen con propósito de descanso o esparcimiento, con plazo de permanencia de hasta TRES (3) meses, prorrogables por otro período similar.
- - - - - -

Decreto 616.2010, ARTICULO 24. a) describes me to a T.

Being a lazy bastard, I don't work in Argentina (or elsewhere), every year I transfer an amount in foreign currency corresponding to the annual income of an Argentine licensed engineer and spend it "descanso o esparcimiento" resting, recreating and having a good time with my friends.

After a period of 90 days I either leave the country and return a couple of weeks or a couple of months later or, as it has happened a couple of times, get a prórroga.

Unfortunately my country of origin does not allow dual citizenship or else I would have been ciudadano Argentino too.

Dr. Christian, can you guide me to where in law Nº 25.871 and/or in Decreto 616/2010 it says that the 180 days is within one year (or 12 months)?

This is exactly what I was going to say. Cipayo has confused the actually geting of a visa with being treated well. Argentiens get visas everyday to USA, Spain, elsewhere, and then when they arrive at their destination get treated terribly at the entry point and often turned away. Argentina immigration officials are actually angels in comparison, even when there are foreigners obviously floughting the law.

(PS, yikes, my english is being eroded daily, is floughting a word? Do I mean flaunting? Please help... sigh :S)

When I travel with my wife, sometimes I get treated with remarkable suspicion by the aggressive border agents. One time I had some moronic agent tell my wife she needs to change her last name to mine (when you marry, your last name doesn't change in Argentina). In the U.S., you just send in a paper and your name gets changed. In Argentina, changing your name is a serious, difficult matter. I find people's comments from the U.S. about immigration to sometimes be extremely ignorant. Those in the government that oppose immigration got some things they wanted, and those that want looser immigration got some of the things they wanted when they made the laws. The result is something completely schizophrenic.

Back