Visa Runs

Thanks for the response. Figured that was the meaning as I've been reading the Western Union thread and have come across that word as I'm researching the best way to get money to myself from my US bank. Nowhere near as easy as when I lived in Peru and just used my Charles Schwab card in any ATM and was able to withdraw either dollars or the local currency.

I don't want to hijack a thread on visa runs so I'll ask questions on that elsewhere if/when I need to.

Went to the immigraciones office in CABA (Av. Antártida Argentina 1355) last week to extend tourist visa - cheaper option compared to paying a fine at the airport, and def cheaper than going to Uruguay .
Tips/advice:
1. You can only go within 10 days of your tourist visa expiring - they sent me away in December because it was too early.
2. Outside there are two lines - go to the ‘turnos’ side - you don’t need a turno to do this and it will get you in faster .
3. Took about 40 minutes once inside and you go from counter to counter to complete the paperwork .
4. It costs 4000 pesos - I paid cash - I’m not sure they accept other types.

Did they actually stamp your passport and does it (or any paper they gave you) indicate that you have "three months" using those exact words?
Hey steve.
They don’t stamp the passport - i asked why and they said that ‘they don’t do that here’
They give you an official signed paper which includes your name and other details and the date until your new visa applies,
My paper states ‘hasta el 06/04/2022’ so until 6 April 2022. I went in in 6 January 2022, so I assume 3 months extension is the standard.

My paper states ‘hasta el 06/04/2022’ so until 6 April 2022. I went in in 6 January 2022, so I assume 3 months extension is the standard.

It's a 90 day extension, not three months. Please note that, because of the time of the year, right now 90 days is the equivalent of three months but throughout the rest of the year three months may be 91 or 92 days long and as a result people who have been thinking that they have a full three months validity have accidentally overstayed the extra days and been fined.

It's actually 2,160 hours (90X24) and the clock starts running from the minute the immigration official records the event in the system. Don't, as I did once, arrive at the immigration counter (for example down at the Buquebus terminal) during hour 2,166.

Back