Visa/Travel extensions

talbur

Registered
So, it appears that the monthly covid-extensions that have been in place since March 2020 have come to an end. I was expecting this to continue until December 2021, but this month's provision is written very differently. I'm posting a link so that anyone affected by this is aware that you will need to address this within 15 days of June 22, 2021.

Last edited:
Quite a strange time to end it given the lack of options to leave, I would have thought they would extend it until the airports were more operational again.

I'll be overstaying until marriage then..

it still seems in force until december to me, nothing in there about it changing

Hopefully you are correct. Upon closer reading, Article 3 seems to specifically exclude the tourist subcategory

It's confusingly worded, there is nothing in there about revoking the extension to december yet it then says it increases the duration for 15 days only.

So, it appears that the monthly covid-extensions that have been in place since March 2020 have come to an end. I was expecting this to continue until December 2021, but this month's provision is written very differently. I'm posting a link so that anyone affected by this is aware that you will need to address this within 15 days of June 22, 2021.

The only things that has changed is that they are now extending it every 15 days in accordance with the DNUs from the President. Nothing else has changed as far as I can see.

Just stay will Dec 2021. Worst case you pay a small fine for overstaying when you leave. No big deal in Argentina as long as it's your first "offense".

I am trying to remember why we have it in our heads that December is the crucial month. Why do we think the situation, if it hasn't just changed, will hold until December, as opposed to any other month either before or after December?

I am trying to remember why we have it in our heads that December is the crucial month. Why do we think the situation, if it hasn't just changed, will hold until December, as opposed to any other month either before or after December?
Because the "emergencia sanitaria" is till December 31. They can extend it of course.

The UK embassy has updated it's travel advice page and says that the tourist visa is no longer being extended,

"The 90-day permission to visit Argentina for those who entered the country before 17 March 2020 and whose original 90 days expired after 17 March 2020, is no longer being automatically extended. "

Back