Visiting Buenos Aires in August, thoughts?

watch out for DB Cooper.
Colonia is a boring waste of time.I'd rather spend a week in daly city than a day in Colonia. Montevideo isn't too much better..Noy a place to go in the winter.
Afraid I disagree. Old Colonia is a UNESCO World Heritage site and a wonderful, beautiful place to spend a day or 2.

T/

Sergio- I like La Plata. I find the city is also pretty vibrant due to the large number of students, with interesting art, music, crafts, and DIY scene. I just think its not the first place I would recommend for first time visitors to Argentina who are here for a very brief stay.

I don't necessarily disagree. It depends on how much time the visitor has. If you like churches, a visit to the cathedral in La Plata is a must in my opinion.

I just checked the Teatro Argentino and see that it's closed for renovations. Performances have been moved elsewhere including venues in BA. Anyway, I knew someone who was here for a couple of months and was eager for things to do. For someone like that La Plata is worth exploring.

Afraid I disagree. Old Colonia is a UNESCO World Heritage site and a wonderful, beautiful place to spend a day or 2.

It's definitely worth seeing but the trip by boat is tiring so better to stay overnight. There used to be a flea market in the center of the historic district. Not sure if that's true now. If so, maybe just weekends?

Back