VoIP phone service

I make and receive google voice calls for free when I am in BsAs (or anywhere with internet). I bought an obi110 on amazon. It works great with google voice.

snowboarder said:
Any reputable voip provider will work fine. the best are the hosted business PBX providers that give you the FreePBX/Asterisk combo that allows you to do all kinds of cool things. 8x8 and VoiceCarrier are very nice.

I am not sure what a FreePbx/Asterisk is.. or why i might want it

davidgindc said:
I make and receive google voice calls for free when I am in BsAs (or anywhere with internet). I bought an obi110 on amazon. It works great with google voice.

this obi looks great... do you use it with a regular phone or with your BsAs mobile? Also does your computer have to be on? or does it connect directly to the modem?

If you have a VoIP provider in the U.S. you must bring your VoIP converter with you to Argentina.

I use Vonage and I know that they will not ship their converter outside the US.

I live in Argentina and also in Finland and I have duplicate Vonage boxes so I can use it in both countries. (The alternative is to have one converter and always travel with it.)

jamila said:
Hello all! I will be in BsAs the 1st week of Sept. I will need to be able to receive calls from the US as I will be working remotely. I am trying to figure out if i need to purchase a VoIP service now... I already have skype and I think i can just buy a US number.. but wanted to get other opinions.

Anyone use a VoIP phone service like Majic Jack, Vonage or Ooma? what did you think? Any other ones out there I should look at?

I paid a flat $100 for a year of unlimited calling to the US with a local NYC telephone number that works like a breeze and talk every day with the US for hours. Plus get video when I want it! Its great. Plus no more monthly phone bills!

I used to pay thousands of dollars a year for the same service from Verizon in NYC.
So just imagine how much money these local telephone companies like Verizon are making!!

New York said:
I paid a flat $100 for a year of unlimited calling to the US with a local NYC telephone number that works like a breeze and talk every day with the US for hours. Plus get video when I want it! Its great. Plus no more monthly phone bills!

I used to pay thousands of dollars a year for the same service from Verizon in NYC.
So just imagine how much money these local telephone companies like Verizon are making!!

which service are you using?

I would recommend Magic Jack... I've been using that for 2 years now and wouldn't change it! its great!

Back