volunteer work...none free

dk2

Registered
hey everyone ,im realy interested in doing some volunteer work in b a... iv been looking on line and am suprised to see that you have to pay to do this!!!! how can this be ,as im offering to help otheres for nothing but i have to pay a company to get me started..if anyone knows charitys or arganisations that could do with the help .....also is there any book makers in buenos aires where you can bet on the horses??????

Hello dk2,

My name is Maria Marta and I am the Head Teacher of English Teaching Center in Belgrano, Las Cañitas. We always need teachers and would like to know if you would like to come for an interview and see whether we can arrange something for you. We always welcome people who would like to help us and would be nice to meet you. You can email me and let me know whether you can come to our institute and have an interview.

I lived in Chicago for many years and there I was a volunteer teacher at Sipley School. I also taught Spanish during my stay at that school and will never forget the time I worked there and how happy I was.

Hope we can meet some time in the future so I can show you the institute and see what you can do and your availability.

dk2 said:
hey everyone ,im realy interested in doing some volunteer work in b a... iv been looking on line and am suprised to see that you have to pay to do this!!!! how can this be ,as im offering to help otheres for nothing but i have to pay a company to get me started..if anyone knows charitys or arganisations that could do with the help .....also is there any book makers in buenos aires where you can bet on the horses??????

Guess they'd rather have your money than effort...such a shame

in many human rights organizations you're welcome to work and of course you don't have to pay to volunteer, get away from pay-volunteering

hi dk2! i had the same experience so with 3 other people we have started a website where (expat) volunteers can find organisations that need help and contact them directly. we are launching on monday! very excited about it! its 100% completely free for everyone (orgs and volunteers). ill post back on monday to give you an update.

I think that there are schools and centres that offer free english lessons...Perhaps you could try one of those (I'm sorry I don't know anywhere off the top of my head) but I'm sure another expat might know.
Un techo para mi Pais has volunteers come and help build homes for poor families around Buenos Aires and Argentina (have a look at their website).
Protectora Sarmiento is a centre for homeless animals that also uses volunteers for a variety of tasks from administration to dog-walking (again, they can be googled).

ETC said:
Hello dk2,

My name is Maria Marta and I am the Head Teacher of English Teaching Center in Belgrano, Las Cañitas. We always need teachers and would like to know if you would like to come for an interview and see whether we can arrange something for you. We always welcome people who would like to help us and would be nice to meet you. You can email me and let me know whether you can come to our institute and have an interview.

I lived in Chicago for many years and there I was a volunteer teacher at Sipley School. I also taught Spanish during my stay at that school and will never forget the time I worked there and how happy I was.

Hope we can meet some time in the future so I can show you the institute and see what you can do and your availability.

I believe the OP wants to volunteer for a NPO or similar, he is not looking to work for free ...

On certain days there is off track betting at the lottery place...sorry don´t have exact address (ex rapipago) on Calle Serrano almost Gorriti...right next door to the Parilla. You´ll have to check their schedule but I have seen the guys in there betting on the horses and watching the races on the projector. Hope that helps.

Back