Volunteer Work

LexiRL

Registered
I am newly arrived in BA and work on a contract basis for an Australian company. I'd like to dedicate 1-2 days per week to volunteer at an organisation here in Buenos Aires.

Does anyone have any experience volunteering?

I have been looking for the same but when I find what I think is a good charity they say you have to pay them to volunteer! Let me know if you find anyhting good. :)

hahahaha pay to volunteer. Reminds me of a friend who went to do volunteer work to Guatemala and people were asking him to pay so they would let him teach them things.

Certainly not looking to pay to volunteer! I got myself here and have a place to live and work, so the hard part is done. Just want to do meaningful work for a cool organisation.
I'll check out "[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]un techo para mi pais", gracias. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Any more suggestions welcome![/background]

Certainly not looking to pay to volunteer! I got myself here and have a place to live and work, so the hard part is done. Just want to do meaningful work for a cool organisation.
I'll check out "[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]un techo para mi pais", gracias. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Any more suggestions welcome![/background]

Hospitals always need volunteers, try the following
Argerich (Py y Margall 750, La Boca),
Garrahan (Combate de Los Pozos 1881 - Parque Patricios),
Hospital Pedro Elizalde (aka Casa Cuna Av Manuel Montes de Oca 40)
Hospital de Niños Ricardo Gutierrez (Gallo 1330 http://www.guti.gov.ar/como-ayudar/si-queres-ser-voluntario.html)

Best of Luck!

I was about to volunteer with Conviven in the villas, it looks they have an issue with the schedule but the program is nice

Back