vonage!

BAlady

Registered
Hello,

Im looking for anyone who has a vonage line in Argentina. I am having a hell of a time connecting mine or getting it to connect to my internet. not really sure what to do. If anyone has experience with the vonage here. please let me now what your results have been.

Thank you :confused:

Works well. Goes down sometimes, obviously dependent on local internet which is not too good but functional. Maybe your vonage device is defective. Good luck with vonage customer service.

Hi,

If you're having connection issues; one of the main things they recommend is to plug in your adapter directly to the modem (cable or DSL), and not behind a router (ie, WiFi). There are also some configuration considerations you may need to check, like a firewall blocking ports, etc. Check their support page: http://support.vonage.com/doc/en_us/1608.xml

We've been using Vonage here since 2006, and it started out working really well. That is until a couple of years ago we started having a lot of issues with audio and dropped calls. Specifically, it would be almos useless if connected to our cable modem (Multicanal Fibertel), but worked "ok" when connected to our DSL (Telecom Arnet). I would not be surprised if Fibertel may be throuttling down 3rd VoIP traffic to curb competition. But even on the DSL, it will often loose audio from one end (we could hear the other side, they could not hear us). So this year we switched to Skype on both PC and iPhones. Everyone we call now says it sounds much better. It's also cheaper and can do video. It still not perfect, but the difference its very noticiable and we're happy with it.

You might want to try it out; http://www.skype.com -- you can start it off with USD $10 of credit to test with.

Good luck :rolleyes:

I have vonage and like Sergio only have an issue when the internet isn't working right. Just plug it in directly from the internet and then route your modem through it and it should be fine. And when connecting stuff like that always turn on the devices in order of closest to the direct internet connection first. Good Luck!

I've been using Vonage here with Fibertel and it works great. I never have a problem. Like the other posters said, put it on the other side of the wifi router after the modem.

I used VONAGE here at an office where I worked and it was great, however keep in mind that if you have internet service outages you will lose your phone service at the same time. Good luck!

I'm looking to buy a Vonage adaptor and am wondering if there are any locations in Argentina that sell this or if anyone has an adapator they are no longer using and would be interested in selling to me? I am needing this within the next few weeks and unless I hear anything I guess I will need to buy one in the US and have it shipped to me here... Please let me know. Thanks!

Meghan Kelly said:
I'm looking to buy a Vonage adaptor and am wondering if there are any locations in Argentina that sell this or if anyone has an adapator they are no longer using and would be interested in selling to me? I am needing this within the next few weeks and unless I hear anything I guess I will need to buy one in the US and have it shipped to me here... Please let me know. Thanks!

I have an adaptor here I can sell. You may need to call Vonage support to get it re-registered again. PM me if you are interested.

Meghan Kelly said:

Don't send it! It will never make it through customs without you paying heavy duties.

I brought two spare VoIP adapters with me on this trip but I haven't tested them as they were thrown into luggage as backups and one may be branded with VOICEPULSE. (I'm in BA until late March at a minimum). I can try to get them working and could let you have one if they work. If you have a computer you can also install a SOFTPHONE (e.g. X-Lite from Counterpath.com, it's free). I think VONAGE has their own branded version of the softphone. You merely install it on the computer, get a good headset (preferably USB headset) and take and send calls right from your computer or laptop.

Back