Voter Registration For New Argentine Citizens

jantango

Registered
In order to vote in the August primary and October general elections, you have to be on the voter roll. You can enter your DNI at this site to confirm where you can vote. http://www.lanacion.com.ar/padron-electoral-2015-t52335

If you're not listed, you need to get registered.

I checked recently to see if I'm listed to vote and found I'm still not in the system. I called Defensoria del Pueblo de la Ciudad to ask where I must go to get myself registered for the upcoming elections.

If you're in the same boat as I am, here is where to go to register:

Tribunal Sup de Justicia CABA
Cerrito 760 4th floor
Monday - Friday 9:00-4:00.

In order to vote in the August primary and October general elections, you have to be on the voter roll. You can enter your DNI at this site to confirm where you can vote. http://www.lanacion.com.ar/padron-electoral-2015-t52335

I checked recently to see if I'm listed to vote and found I'm still not in the system. I called Defensoria del Pueblo de la Ciudad to ask where I must go to get myself registered for the upcoming elections.

Cerrito 760 4th floor

Cerrito 760 4th floor

Nothing opens

If you are referring to the padron electoral, then you're not listed on the voter roll.

When one enters their DNI, then the security code, and presses CONSULTAR PADRON, nothing will happen unless you are on the voter registration list already.

I went today to the Tribunal Superior de Justicia at Cerrito 760 to register to vote in the upcoming elections. I was told that registration for citizens with foreign nationality closed MARCH 20 until JULY 27, 2015, for those residing in the capital federal.

I missed registration by three weeks, assuming that new citizens were automatically added to the voting roll. Citizens must vote, and there is a fine for not voting.

Are there any new Argentine citizens in the capital federal who already registered to vote?

Why not?

What is your nationality? Did you exercise your right to vote?

The city primary is April 26.

Other election dates are:

Sunday, August 9 and Sunday, October 25.

Back