Walk-In Clinic?

Noruega

Registered
Hi there, I am looking to see a doctor today if possible. I don't have a obra social. Can anybody recommend a walk-in clinic, a doctor's office where it is easy to get an appointment, or something like that? I know I will have to pay as a particular. I saw one recommended on this thread, Centro Medicus Azuenaga, but wanted to ask for other options as well. I live outside of the city but going there today. Anywhere relatively central is fine. (Including Villa Crespo as I have a class there tonight.)

I have been to the guardia at the Hospital Italiano once before, but it was a little pricey I thought (or maybe it is normal, it was maybe $550 if I remember correctly). So I would appreciate any advice!

Hospital de Clinicas.
Walk in.
Public or semi-public ?
Something like 8:00-11:00 & 13:00-15:00 ?
Cordoba / Pasture. (Estacion Fac. de Medicina linea "D")
Symbolic fee to c a general practitioner ?

Hospital de Clinicas.
Walk in.
Public or semi-public ?
Something like 8:00-11:00 & 13:00-15:00 ?
Cordoba / Pasture. (Estacion Fac. de Medicina linea "D")
Symbolic fee to c a general practitioner ?

Hospital de Clinicas
Publico
you mean Cordoba y Pasteur...!
Can also enter on Azcuenaga and Paraguay back door for Emergency Ward.... wait may be long, only qulified emergencies...!
Bonus maybe $20 pesos

Hospital de Clinicas the best option, the best doctors, and totally free.

If not, 3 blocks from there is the IADT, at Larrea y Marcelo T., which is private, and it might be expensive. There are excelent doctors, curiously, doctors that see you for free in Clinicas then go there and charge you a lot.

If you want a good public hospital go to Htal Fernandez in Palermo or Htal Rivadavia in Recoleta.

If you go to Hospital de Clinicas people line up from 6 am to get a number that day... or next?

Best option is after 10 pm the emergency Ward, you must state the problem is Urgent and just happened and needs immediate attention, otherwise you will be told to come in the morning for turno...
Have been there 3 times ... After a Long wait Was taken care by a young Doctor from Paraguay...!! under very irregular conditions in a camilla in a hall way full of dust....!!
Wonder if Matias went there?

If you go to Hospital de Clinicas people line up from 6 am to get a number that day... or next?

Best option is after 10 pm the emergency Ward, you must state the problem is Urgent and just happened and needs immediate attention, otherwise you will be told to come in the morning for turno...
Have been there 3 times ... After a Long wait Was taken care by a young Doctor from Paraguay...!! under very irregular conditions in a camilla in a hall way full of dust....!!
Wonder if Matias went there?

Yes I went there. The Hospital de Clinicas has the best doctors in town. As I said they are the exact same doctors that then go to a (very important) private clinic. Not every doctor can work in the Clinicas. Working there gives you a lot of prestige, and if you were seen by a young guy, he must been a very good student, good for him!
Seriously, the Clinicas may not look as nice but it has nothing to envy the private clinics.

Yes I went there. The Hospital de Clinicas has the best doctors in town. As I said they are the exact same doctors that then go to a (very important) private clinic. Not any doctor can work in the Clinicas. Working there gives you a lot of prestige, and if you were seen by a young guy, he must been a very good student, good for him!
Seriously, the Clinicas may not look as nice but it has nothing to envy the private clinics.

Hospital de Clinicas means it is the Hospital of the university where doctors practize. So, the doctors you have are the Professors of UBA surrounded by 10 green doctors who are leaning with him. The best doctors are there, plus a university enviroment where an inter-consult among the best doctors in town hapends informally in 5 minutes if you are really with troubles. If you saw doctor House, the whole place is full of doctors like him and his team.

When I had kiddney stones I went there. 1 minute after I arrived I was with a strong painkiller because there was somebody with the knoledge and authority to give it to me.

When I broke my back I has a pain as strong as the kidney stones but at Hospital Aleman I had to wait 8 hours because at the emergency room nobody was able to give me nothing stronger than ibuprofeno. Just green doctors. Nobody took decisions, nobody responsible. When they finally got a room for me, they continue giving me more candies. It was about midnight when an expert show up and gave me the same that they gave me immediatelly at the Clinicas.

So, there are good doctors at boths hospitals. Clinicas has a lot of them.

Back