Want To Plug Gps Into Electrical Outlet -

As I need to use it on an ongoing basis -- borrowing one would not be very helpful. Since I live here - I have no hotel connections too. I am sure by looking around the city I can come up with the exact product.

Well All, On a small street here in Villa Crespo I was able to find the USB cord needed for 15 pesos. Young man tried a couple then found a match. Thus a happy conclusion. Now to test it to see if all works according to Hoyle. Thank All of you for your ideas too. Especially enjoyed knowing of the plug which would accept the cigarette end of a USB cord. walter

No, I have already been to Chile -- I bought this unit at the airport on arrival for my travels in that country. I wish to use it while walking here in BA or for other travels here in the country. Thank you for inquiring.

No, I have already been to Chile -- I bought this unit at the airport on arrival for my travels in that country. I wish to use it while walking here in BA or for other travels here in the country. Thank you for inquiring.
_splaying, thank you. So you are going to use the GPS unit to navigate through diverse Argieland location.?
Is the unit mobile? how is the power be obtained? it may consume vast energy while doing so, does it have a good capacity energy storage cells such as : Lithium Ion battery? I mostly use my iphone 5 built in GPS function to navigate on foot in stranger places.I have the Toyota "entune" active GPS in my car. How lite is your GPS unit? If deemed merits its value, I would buy one for my use in SA continent. Curious mind wants to know, can you eleborate a bit about your GPS unit, if you don't mind.
Domo Arigatou Gozaimasu.

Well I charged it -- it lasted ten minutes or so. I bought the GPS for $130 USD -- The GPS I have is extremely light. it did not work well in that it did not recognize one way streets at all. The one I have in the STATES is a larger unit works very well. Perhaps next time will bring it -- to get the maps I found someone in Talca, Chile who loaded them onto a microchip to put into the GPS for me. Since coming here I bought an unlocked phone I purchased from someone here on this site who was leaving the area. I have a Claro chip in it. It is WIFI capable. I know that one can get internet on the phone for like 1 peso per day however I do not know how to put it on this phone. I think someone would need to look at this phone then give me some instructions. I have seen people use their phones for GPS or maps and buses etc .. it would be nice to have it work that way for me too. Perhaps you or others on this site who have the knowledge about these phones and getting internet put onto it would be willing to assist me.

Back