Wanted......Partners in crime!

Marche exile

Registered
OK have just arrived and have most of the day to myself and at a loose end. Likes....'Old stuff' socializing and art courses. Am now installed on Juni y Juncal. Anybody fancy a coffee?

toongeorges said:
You should ask this question to Argentines ;-)

I only arrive at Buenos Aires in August.

Hi there.
I would if I could speak Spanish! English or Italian yes, Spanish no. Lessons start in earnest on Thursday.
So how are you finding BA?

Hi, I'm a local. Just joined and am shyly answering a few interesting posts while trying to get more comfortable with this new environment.
What drew my attention to this one is that my first memories are from when I used to live at Junin y Juncal, ages ago. My school used to be at the corner of Junin y Peña.
On monday I'll be close by around noon if you want to grab a cup of coffee. My italian is limited and rusty but my english is more than decent.

Iznogud said:
Hi, I'm a local. Just joined and am shyly answering a few interesting posts while trying to get more comfortable with this new environment.
What drew my attention to this one is that my first memories are from when I used to live at Junin y Juncal, ages ago. My school used to be at the corner of Junin y Peña.
On monday I'll be close by around noon if you want to grab a cup of coffee. My italian is limited and rusty but my english is more than decent.

So what the heck does "I'm a local" mean?

Kids who just "moved to" Park City and Aspen commonly use that term to try to get a discount in stores and restaurants.

If you are an Argentine national why not just say so?

Your ability to call yourself a "local" and claim your are "shyly answering a few interesting posts while trying to get more comfortable with this new environment" screams the opposite.

steveinbsas said:
So what the heck does "I'm a local" mean?

Kids who just "moved to" Park City and Aspen commonly use that term to try to get a discount in stores and restaurants.

If you are an Argentine national why not just say so?

Your ability to call yourself a "local" and claim your are "shyly answering a few interesting posts while trying to get more comfortable with this new environment" screams the opposite.
i think he used that word to mean not only that he`s argentinian but also "porteño"

Only 2 posts and I've already upset the local buffoon...

Feeling welcomed all over.

Just trying to make new friends here. If this doesn't concern you just live and let live.

Apologies! Certainly not what I had in mind.
Must lack some of those cultural traits. Spent part of my youth abroad and never caught up.

Back