Washing Machine Service

cafeconleche

Registered
The door of our front-loading washing machine is stuck and our wet clothes are trapped inside. Can anyone recommend a good washing machine repair place, preferably in Zona Norte? We have some good clothes stuck in there and afraid we'll get mold on them very soon :(

Thanks.

Yes call Whirpool service 4480-8888 they must have an office in Zona Norte.
regards
Reina

Do they service non-Whirlpool machines too? Ours is some Argentine made brand called Coventry.

cafeconleche said:
The door of our front-loading washing machine is stuck and our wet clothes are trapped inside. Can anyone recommend a good washing machine repair place, preferably in Zona Norte? We have some good clothes stuck in there and afraid we'll get mold on them very soon :(

Thanks.

One obvious question, have you disconnected the power to the machine completely? Did it finish it's cycle? if not, maybe make sure to manually set the dial to the end of the cycle setting....try restarting the wash cycle again too...there's got to be a way to get it to release. Good luck.

notebook.fix said:
One obvious question, have you disconnected the power to the machine completely? Did it finish it's cycle? if not, maybe make sure to manually set the dial to the end of the cycle setting....try restarting the wash cycle again too...there's got to be a way to get it to release. Good luck.

Thanks, I think we need the luck! Yes it did finish its cycle, tried it multiple times in fact.

My Ariston can be reset by holding in the start/stop button for ten seconds. This is not in the manual. Also power cycling by leaving the machine unplugged for a while then plugging in sometimes works to reset the cycle.

I am using a company called TecniSolutions for repair. PM me for details.

You can DIY too :

- DISCONNECT THE ELECTRICAL PLUG FIRST
- Remove the top cover of the washing machine (3 to 4 screws, likely to be Phillips ones).
- Here you should be able to see the security mechanism of the door. There might be three tiny electrical cables reaching it : disconnect them
- Plug again the machine to the electrical circuit (don't leave your hands inside the machine of course) and see if the door gets released.
- If it does not work, unplug again the machine, and dismantle the security mechanism.

Have you noticed : such problems always arise on a saturday/sunday (one of life's big misteries like when you drop a coin in a room where there only is one furniture --> the coin will go under that furniture).

clooz said:
My Ariston can be reset by holding in the start/stop button for ten seconds. This is not in the manual. Also power cycling by leaving the machine unplugged for a while then plugging in sometimes works to reset the cycle.

I am using a company called TecniSolutions for repair. PM me for details.

Thanks! Sent you a message.

French jurist said:
Have you noticed : such problems always arise on a saturday/sunday (one of life's big misteries like when you drop a coin in a room where there only is one furniture --> the coin will go under that furniture).

:D I couldn't agree with you more!

Thanks for the DIY idea, I'm wary of trying it myself since it's my landlady's washine machine, but will ask the portero to try it out!

Back