watch out at ezeiza on arrival....

Sockhopper said:
re. Tommy: "I'd hope that U.S. based carriers have better controls than that."

I don't see any reason for thinking that US controls on theft of luggage contents would be hoped to be any better than those in any other country. The problem is that security staff and other workers are all just sub-contracted generally everywhere.

Also, since the US ruled on what kind of suitcase lock is permissible, I wonder if this one change has destroyed the practical benefit of locking your cases. Perhaps now, just by using the only lock allowed, you're instructing thieves that your bags especially contain valuables in contrast to other people's non-locked bags.

Actually, my question was in regard to nlaruccia's comments on animal abuse. If such activity was caught on film, one would hope there is a proactive attempt to control the "subcontractors" as it were.

Tommy,
Sorry for my mistake about your post.
Regarding subcontractors generally, they are supposed to control their employees. This takes the responsibility off whoever contracted out the work. That's one benefit of hiring a subcontractor. Too often, all the hirer is concerned about is whether or not the subcontractor gets the job done, not how the subcontractor's employees actually do their job.

So should I think twice about taking my dog with my back to the states?

Definitely take the dog if you are moving back permanently. A few hours fear and discomfort are nothing compared to abandoning him, or giving him to someone else.

Specially if it is an adult dog. Young puppies adapt easily to a new home, but older dogs miss their "humans" terribly - sometimes even refuse to eat.

I DONT UNDERSTAND, THEY TELL YOU NOT TO LOCK YR BAGS, OR IF YOU DO TO USE A CERTAIN type of lock to which they have they key..

Back